Hampton Inn Clinton
Average 3/5
Great 4.5/5
41 Motel(Cordell)
View Hotel
All reviewsparking lotwater zoogreat restaurantcomfortable roomsmontana mike's steakhouseroute museumnice hotellong tripplace to stayupon checkstaff was friendlyfront desk clerkinnsinterstateoklahomaaccommodationsfuneral
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The hotel seemed to be in good area. Overall very clean and clerks were friendly. It seemed high priced and they said no discounts unless AAA. The remote to the TV was one of the worst ever used, it had to be pressed super hard to get to work. The breakfast had few choices and when we got ready to leave the next morning at 5:15AM, the man allowed us a sack breakfast worth about $2 and said he could only give that because left over. We didn't expect much before 6am, but He said boss told them normally not to give out sacks on weekends. Seemed like our $140 + tax went to a local tight-wad owner. (They said no deals because new owner).

Room Tip: Book online, we booked last minute for business at hotel rather than ahead.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank WolfgangsMusic
Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is the best Hampton inn experience we have had. From the excellent accommodations to the helpful and very friendly staff. Nice rooms, great location, but I have to say that the staff is what makes this hotel. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Jerry K, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2012

Thank you for the kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience and we will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Shelly

Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in December 2011. It was just so-so. The carpet felt a little dirty and it had a funny smell. The best part and the worst part was I left a jewelry/makeup bag. The hotel called me the next morning to tell me that I had left it. That was the good part. They even offered to mail it to me (using the credit card on file to pay the shipping). When I received it via UPS, some of my jewelry was missing. I called the hotel to tell them and they acted like it didn't happen there. The manager said that it was in her possession at all times. I suppose she cleans the rooms??? She said she would check into it. I never heard another word. Beware!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandyB55
Jerry K, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Mam:

I am sorry you misunderstood. I said that it was in my office after the housekeeping staff brought it down. The housekeeper no longer is working here that was in charge of cleaning your room. I do apologize for your inconvenience. We try to make every effort to make sure this does not happen. This is an isolated incidence and I am so sorry that it happened to you.

Shelly

Reviewed January 6, 2012

From check-in to check-out this was great. There were complimentary, delicious cookies and great service when I checked in. You could grab a free copy of the local paper. Across the street was a restaurant, and the hotel is close to the interstate making cross-country travelers like me happy. The bed was amazing-comfortable, clean-three pillows per bed. The room had a large desk, microwave, and fridge. In the morning, the breakfast was fantastic, good, fresh coffee, an array of fruits, biscuits and gravy etc. I also enjoyed the to-go boxes of breakfast with complimentary water for the busy traveler.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Williwillinui
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Booked thru 1800 number and was as crystal clear as could be that I wanted to stay in a smoke free hampton inn that could guarantee a quiet room, away from the elevator and freeway noise.

Called at 4:30 from the road to confirm that the room would be quiet with Josie. She said, yes we got it. At 6:00 arrival, was told that I had room 322, the only room left. Well, here I sit on a floor that is 50% smoking rooms and 100% hallway stench. I have placed the sofabed mattress against the cheap windows to block the noice from I-40 which is 25 feet away and non stop. I have piled towels against the door, to keep some of the stench out.

I have been told repeatedly this is the only room. They have me by the short hairs on this because I drove 550 miles today and was looking forward to a hampton experience. Don't stay here unless you smoke a few packs a day.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank lynne B
Jerry K, Manager at Hampton Inn Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

This guest did not speak to our front desk staff when making the reservation. She was assigned a room based on the information we had and upon arrival to the hotel, our front desk clerk allowed this guest to check out the room due to the fact that we do have smoking rooms and she wanted a smoke free hotel. We did not tell her we were smoke free. She checked out the room and said it was a little noisy but it would be fine. The promises she is claiming were not made by this hotel.