“Steak Sandwich Supreme”

Good for: Families with children
geary, ok
“Steak Sandwich Supreme”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We love Del Rancho steak sandwich supreme and sometimes drive out of our way to get one. We live an hour drive away but have dined here off and on for many years. Del Rancho sandwich supremes are known nation wide. And this party of 6 ordered 4 sandwiches. The food was not great but very good simply because they were a bit overcooked. I rated the value of the food average because I wanted onion rings with my sandwich. Burgers come with fries but you can sub onion rings for about a buck fifty more. Not so with the sandwich supreme. Onion rings cost $6.99 to accompany a sandwich that only cost $5.29. That is ridiculous. That and the service brought my rating below the quality of the food and the atmosphere. My wife had the Sante Fe grilled chicken salad which she said was good and large. There is a lot of history showing in this old restaurant. Take the time to read the displays. They are interesting.

There were only a couple of tables of diners during our entire meal, yet I had to ask for a refill for coffee. You order by phone and when I tried to order for two latecomers, no one answered. One of our party had to go to the counter before anyone picked up the phone to take our second order. And when the food arrived, it came without the drinks we ordered.

I rated this average for families because it is difficult to sit more than 5 at one booth and there were no chairs to buddy up to the table. Our party of 6 was crowded and uncomfortable.

Del Rancho is a great special occasion experience to introduce anyone new to the steak sandwich. Middle class Midwesterners like their meat battered and fried and overlapping the bun and the steak sandwich supreme never disappoints.

Despite the poor service and the fact that I should have brought my own coffee, we will dine here again and recommend that others do so. The sandwich alone is worth the trip.

• Visited September 2013

Weatherford, Oklahoma
“Not the greatest”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Food is okay for the most part but then again it depends on when you go! I've been to this place a few times and sometimes the food is really good and sometimes it's really bad. The service however has always been terrible, place is most always dirty , tables, floor, etc. I'm not a big fan of this one but I have been to Del Ranchos in other places that were awesome so in my opinion management is the reason for good or bad service and food.

• Visited December 2012
Corn, Oklahoma
“Steak Sandwich Supreme!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you eat here, get the steak sandwich supreme. You won't be disappointed. The food here is great diner fare. The shakes are huge and they taste great.

The bad - Cockroaches! Watch out for them. It's an old building that probably doesn't get much upkeep. Your mileage may vary.

• Visited July 2013