“So disappointed”
Review of Ramada Clinton

Ramada Clinton
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed April 8, 2011

Our family was passing through Clinton Ok, we tried several hotels along the route which were all booked. We felt very blessed that we finally found one with a room available. Our joy quickly became disappointment when we viewed the room. It was dirty, the bathroom had someone's forgotten products left in the shower. We even kept our shoes on in the hotel room because I had white socks on and found them terribly dirty after walking across the floor.

We normally try to stay at Holiday Inn's or Marriott's if possible, and knew this wouldn't quite be the same, but expected at least a clean room. I hope this will help some other travelers.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank BynaWV52
There are newer reviews for Ramada Clinton

Reviewed April 20, 2010

We had a reservation and I think they gave us the worst room available. We had rust in the sink and mold in the shower. They didn't have anymore rooms. The carpet was stained and worn. We selected the hotel for it's location and pet friendly policy. We asked if they could adjust the $10 per dog charge but they would not budge. Why it cost $20 for our dogs I will never understand. It cost us $90 for the night without breakfast. The previous night we paid $ 75 and the following night $53. Two different chains and both included breakfast. We travel 30-45 days a year and have had problems with Ramada on two out of eight uses. No more.... two&two

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank twoplustwo4
Reviewed March 27, 2010

We stayed over night to visit the RT 66 museum. The rooms were very clean, quiet and comfortable. The Restaurant attached was outstanding if you like Home Cooking. All the locals go there and treat everyone including us, like neighbors!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed October 2, 2009

After conducting research and speaking with various motel managers, I determined that I would stay at the Clinton, Oklahoma, Ramada Inn for an extended visit following a high school reunion. I found Manager, Antonia Lozano, most helpful. The room was clean and well appointed with the usual amenities plus a microwave oven and refrigerator! In addition, I particularly appreciated the wireless Internet connection that allowed me to continue with my work. The restaurant that leases space at the motel has an outstanding breakfast and great chicken fried steak ( you must try it), but the appearance does not reflect the rest of the motel. This is unfortunate for the food is very good. There are many family style places to eat in close proximity to the motel. I shall certainly return to this motel when I next visit Clinton, a friendly western Oklahoma town.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank carolyn685
Reviewed June 19, 2008

My family and I stopped at this motel on our family vacation to the Grand Canyon. My mother went in to check the room rate & then we left to compare rates at surrounding establishments. The Ramada Inn had quoted the lowest rate, so we then returned in hopes of renting the room. When I entered the office to rent the room, the desk attendant quoted me a rate $10 higher than she had quoted my mother. When I asked her why there was a difference, she commenced to saying that my mother was elderly and probably confused. I felt that this was a very unprofessional & inappropriate statement to make considering that my mother is neither "elderly or confused". I told the desk attendant that I didn't feel that we needed to stay @ this hotel if this was the attitude that they held. She then said, "Well, I don't think you should stay here either." Our family has never been treated so disrespectfully as we were at this Ramada Inn. This experience definitely left a bad taste in our mouths for Ramada Inn. Please screen your front desk personnel more carefully and hire friendly helpful people versus rude individuals who use discriminatory remarks to hide their attempt to increase room rates from one customer to another.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank nersegirl29
Reviewed January 17, 2008

This hotel wasn't bad for the price. We were just passing through looking for a place to stop for the evening. The only thing about this hotel is that the doors on the outside but the room itself wasn't bad at all. I would recommend just for a one night affordable stay over.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank logankitty98
Reviewed September 11, 2006

As part of our trip down Route 66 we decided to stop overin Clinton. Coming over from the UK and as a Family of 5 we like to prebook. With no reviews to go by picking a hotel/motel in Clinton gave us a problem so I picked the Ramada.

The Ramada is old and tired. The car park is messy and the range of vehicles had everything you can find on an interstate. Our two rooms were round the back on the ground floor. Despite requesting no smoking rooms there was a definte smell in the room. The air conditioning unit smelt musty and was very noisy. In the bathroom there was a vent on the wall which allowed the smoke from outside to drift in, yuck. The room door has obviously been forced at some time. Next door was a party of rednecks who seemed be in the mood for a party, lots of noise. Cars and pick-ups kept coming and going all night.

All terrible sleep and we didn't feel that secure. A basic cheap motel, wished we'd booked the nearby Motel 8 which looked better. Never again at the Ramada for us.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family