“Computer glitch that was not my fault, but the manager was easy to work with.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Clinton

and 1 more site!
Super 8 Clinton
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
Tennessee, USA
“Computer glitch that was not my fault, but the manager was easy to work with.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2011

I reserved a room on the Super 8 website, and I get to the Super 8 location after a long day on the road, and guess what? The manager says they have no more rooms. I tell him I have a reservation, he looks at it quizzically, and at that point I start to worry.

He finally confirms that I did indeed have a reservation, and for some reason or another it wasn't sent to him. I reserved a whole week in advance. Luckily for me, the manager was fairly easy to work with and after calls to customer support about the reservation problem, he managed to secure me a room at another motel in town whom he had a relationship with.

I give this location 3 stars because the interaction I had with management was good but it is unacceptable that the computer system would create a glitch like this and delayed check-in to a room by at least 30 minutes. I'm not sure if this situation was a one-time glitch, peculiar to Super 8's computer systems, or specific to THIS location, but if I reserved here I'd call ahead a day or so in advance to confirm. FYI.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Shannon, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2011

Excellent place to stay when you're on the road - right next to Interstate 40. It doesn't look impressive from the outside, but the rooms are modern and clean, spacious and very well equipped, including LCD TVs. Definitely would stay there again !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2011

Its a good value motel right on the Interstate.

We used it as one night stop during our route 66 road trip. On hindsight I would have rather altered the itinerary and spend a night somewhere more cosy.

Having said that please note that its a good value hotel with large rooms and free wifi internet.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank effieandyannis
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

For under $60, I got a huge, spotlessly clean room, with a flat screen TV, microwave and fridge, and an extra sink area outside the bathroom. I couldn't be more pleased!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank thenewval
Lawrenceburg, Indiana, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

The exterior of this motel is not very impressive, and might influence you to look elsewhere for lodging. However, the friendliness of the desk staff and the condition of the room both exceeded my expectations. It served my purpose as a good place to stay on my trek through Oklahoma. An added plus, the Mexican restaurant near the hotel (recommended by the desk clerk) served some of the best food I've ever tasted, especially the refried beans.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank AldenS19
San Isidro, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

If you are traveling through Oklahoma, this is a good place for the night. It's not a resort, but clean and quiet. We had read the reviews on this place and took a chance. We were not disappointed. It was a good night's sleep for a reasonable rate. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

From the moment i checked in to the moment I left the management treated me like family. They were very helpful with directions and suggestions for dining and local attractions in the area. I would recommend this hotel to any & everybody traveling in the OK area. I travel 99.9% of the year for work and this motel by far has been one of my most memorable experiences. It will always be a home away from home for me!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Clinton Historic Route 66
Days Inn Clinton
#7 of 9 in Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
Sleep Inn & Suites Elk City

Been to Super 8 Clinton? Share your experiences!