“Glad that we beat the rush” 2 of 5 bubbles

Montana Mike's Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 37 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
La Junta, CO
“Glad that we beat the rush”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

We arrived in Clinton after driving four days to Florida, spending a week, then driving four days back to Colorado. So we'd seen our share of places to eat. At 5:15 we were seated promptly, but our drinks were slow to arrive. The waitress was too bubbly, artificially so. I studied their description of rare, medium, well done and decided on medium. It arrived with no pink, so it was not as advertised. My second beer sat on the bar long enough to lose its head, finally I went and picked it up myself.
As we ate the folks from the several motels in Clinton started arriving. When we left there were 25 people waiting to get in. The atmosphere was fine and another time maybe they could have made me happy.

Visited March 2014
Sophia C, Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for posting your review. Although we strive to provide great food and service to all of our guests, it's clear we missed the mark here. We're sorry we didn't provide you with a better experience after such a long trip. We'll be sure to share your review with staff to improve upon the issues you raised. We hope that despite your most recent experience that you do come back to visit us again, the next time you are in town, to provide us another opportunity to change your mind.

Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“More than okay in Oklahoma”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the reviews here, but after a long drive I liked the idea of walking across the parking lot to eat.
I was greeted by friendly personnel, I was seated quickly and in a quiet area, and was very quickly visited by a waiter (plus one in training).
I have to say: my food was very good, the onion rings were excellent, the Cowgirl Cosmo was surprisingly good, and I had nothing to complain about (except the table had a few crumbs on it).
I wouldn't have come here had I not been staying in the hotel across the parking lot, but I can wholeheartedly recommend this restaurant for any interstate travelers.

• Visited March 2014
“What a joke.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Can't really rate the food because we never got any. We went for a nice steak dinner and left after 25 minutes of unsuccessfully placing a drink order. The waitress seemed as if we were the first table she had ever waited on..Didn't even know the soft drinks that they had. Won't ever go back

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bloomington, Indiana
“Typical Chain Steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

Manager and servers were extremely welcoming and attentive during our entire visit. Food was fine; just manage your expectations before arriving. We had steak and salmon - both good. Will never seek one out but would consider eating at another one if its location or proximity to our hotel was the same as this one is to the Hampton Inn across the parking lot.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Just across the parking lot from the Hampton Inn.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

When driving across country, we like to spend the night at a hotel with a nice restaurant within walking distance. This Montana Mike's is located within walking distance of a Hampton Inn - the food is really good, the service has always been excellent.

Visited October 2013