“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Clinton
JACKSONVILLE
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Loved the king bed. We were worn out from driving all day. It was a welcome relief to walk into the room and see the large bed with fluffy pillows propped on top. Other motels were full. This one was a comfort, indeed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Chrisjhona T, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Clinton, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Your review is very much apperciated. This is what it's all about for us here at Days Inn. Thank you for the wonderful comment and i will gladly share this with our associates. We strive to make sure that all our clients have a clean and comfortable stay. We apperciate you took time out of your busy schedule to let us you had great experience. We hope you give us additional oppertunities to serve your lodging need next time your in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Auburn, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel as I was enroute to Texas. I was pleased with stay, and it was exactally what I was expecting out of a Days Inn, "clean & Comfortable". The great thing about this hotel is the staff! I could not have asked for a warmer welcome. My room was fine, a nice place away from all the heat. Pool was average, but very crowded, so I did not swim. Overall, a nice place that I would visit again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your positive input and taking you valuable time to let us know how were doing. We strive to make sure all our guest have a clean and comfortable stay. We are always trying to find was to improve and one way is our guest reviews. We appericate all our guest comments and suggestions seriously. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Days Inn.We hope you give additional opptunities to serve you lodging needs next time your in the area.

Lincoln, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stopped in at the hotel for two nights while traveling on work. I couldn't have asked for a better hotel experience on a business trip. Easy access from I-40, and the price for staying was the best I found in Clinton. Check-in went very smooth, friendly helpful front desk staff, clean room, etc. Restaurant on site was very convinent. The whole stay was just a no hassle experience, exactly what I was looking for. Couldn't have asked for anything more out of the stay. Would recommend to anyone staying around the Clinton area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Chrisjhona T, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Clinton, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
This is what it's all about! Thank you for the wonderful comments and i will gladly share this with all our associates. Days Inn strives to make sure all our guest have a nice and comfortable stay. We appereciate your postive review.
From the Days Inn staff
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I would not have chosen this hotel if it were up to me. The rooms were booked on behalf of my agency as this was a business trip and most, if not all, of the other rooms in the city were booked due to the oil boom in the area. There was mold on the ceiling tiles above the shower head. The linens were old and outdated. There were numerous insects throughout the hotel and rooms. The courtyard had animal feces throughout. This hotel is in horrible condition and horribly managed. When we went to check in the front desk had to call around various rooms because they were unsure who was checking out and who was staying. They clearly overbooked and were very confused.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you have other options available.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager-12247, General Manager at Days Inn Clinton, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
I so remember the confusion at check in that day. It became very confusing trying to check in all of the 19 rooms that you and your company had especially since it was before check in time. Some of the guest had not had the chance to check out yet. As you mentioned, due to the oil business, we were very busy and at full capacity the previous night. We have taken this issue up at staff meeting and agree that instead of trying to accomadate we should just stick to the check in time and therefore things should flow alot easier. The insects, I apologize but as you are probably aware, living in Oklahoma, we have had a rough summer and the crickets have been an issue. Our pest control guy is here like clock work every 2 weeks and has assured us it is partly due to the weather. We take these issues seriously and as we have slowed down I can proudly say we are taking all these matters to heart and we are doing every thing to correct these flaws. I do apologize and do appreciate your business the fact being that you and your company were here for almost a week.

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Vine Grove, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We ended up at this hotel because every other hotel that we stopped at was full for the night. We had already driven over 12 hours. It was right off I-40. The ladies at the desk were nice. They offered us a rate, but for some reason clicked the wrong one and was unable to change it so my mom got a cheaper rate than I did. We had to settle for smoking rooms. Our family is a non-smoking family, but since it was so hard to find a room that night we went ahead and stayed. It sounded like a bar inside the lobby. Loud horrible singing. There were people on the top balcony yelling, drinking and hanging over the side. I should of taken that as the first clue. We finally got into the room and noticed that the chain lock was gone (which wasn't a good thing since my 3 year old could open the door on his own). My mom's room smelled like a dirty bar. Ours wasn't too bad, but the carpet was disgusting in both rooms. We immediately went to bed as it was about 11pm locally. As soon as I laid down, I could hear loud revving trucks peeling out in the parking lot and it sounded like it hit a car. I drove my brand new car, so I was worried about it anyway. I went out side and people were yelling, partying, cussing, and it was horrible!!!! We called down to the front desk and they did nothing. There was an unusal amount of white work trucks there as well, that had the most foul languaged people that obviously didn't care whose company they were representing. The only positive to this place was that we didn't get robbed and that we had a place to somewhat sleep (it was hard to because the walls were paper thin and you could hear all the partying going on) I am normally not a complainer but I had to stress that this place was terrible. Unless you don't have an option, PLEASE DON'T STAY HERE!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us how we are doing here at Days Inn. We do apologize for the inconveniences. We have alot of our guest in the oil feild. We apperciate the positive input about our front desk employees. We strive to make sure that all our guest have a clean and comfortable stay. i apologize that we did not exceed your expectations. We take all our comments and suggestion seriously. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and to maintain a clean environment for our guest. It seems like many major issues were overlooked by our housekeeping and maintence staff. We are now investigating what happened and we take these issues very seriously so we are constantly improving our hotel.We are truly sorry visit here was not a great one. we just want to say thank you for you review. This lets know how were doing and it gives us different ways to improve. I hope you give us additional opportunity to serve you lodging need next time your in the area.

From the Days Inn staff
Harrison, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

This is what I saw in room 127. When I first walked into my room, I noticed a large dying bug right inside the doorway. Carpet is all ripped up. At the sink I noticed that it had been wiped out but hair was strung around the sink and on the counter. There was hair and dirt all over the bathroom floor and a dirty towel was draped over the shower curtain. There were also hairs in the bathroom towels. I woke up in the middle of this night to bugs crawling on the walls. Under the circumstances I was unable to go to another hotel. The next morning when checking out the office employee advised that since I had already paid there was nothing she could do and that I would have to speakwith the general manager. I have filed a complaint with the corporate offices.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

My visit to the Clinton Day's Inn was precipitated by precipitation. I stopped my I-40 trip in Clinton to avoid an approaching line of thunderstorms. When I entered the lobby to check in, I could see right away that this property had seen better days (bad), but I was pleasantly surprised by the extremely friendly desk clerk who found me a room and had me signed in in a matter of minutes and even called the room to check if all was in order(good). I went to the room and found it sufficiently spacious. There were two queen beds, a basic table, a small refrigerator and a couple of chairs. (good). The room was clean, with the exception of two large beetles dying in the bathroom (ugly). I suspect that they came in when the door was open and were attracted by the security lighting and were dying because the exterminator had done his job (good).
The beds were quite comfortable with like new mattresses - one bed had a plastic mattress cover that was a little noisy (good for families with kids and bed bug phobics) so it was nice to have a choice (good). All the plumbing worked (good), but the bathroom was in need of a paint job (ugly). There was no free breakfast (bad). There was a restaurant and a bar on the property (good).
Overall, I was able to get a good night's rest and continue my journey the next day so I rate this property as good.

Room Tip: The second floor will be quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank azuplink
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Super 8 Clinton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Clinton
BEST WESTERN Plus Weatherford
BEST WESTERN Plus Weatherford
#1 of 10 in Weatherford

Been to Days Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!