“I felt like Grandma invited me for dinner”

Mattie's 66 Steakhouse
Ranked #7 of 82 Restaurants in Claremore
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 18, 2014

In my opinion, this is probably one of the best eating spots in the Claremore area. It is north of Claremore on 66. The food is more flavorful than their better known competitor in town. The pies and cobbler, especially peach, are excellent. The specials menu continually changes so you never know what will be available when you arrive but I have never had a bad meal here. We visit at least once per week and try to catch them on peach cobbler night. Most meals and specials are around $10 excluding the steaks. Do not expect 5 star but you can expect 5 star service.

There are newer reviews for Mattie's 66 Steakhouse

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stopped here on a Friday evening after a friend suggested this place. My wife got the sirloin steak and I had the fried catfish.The fried catfish was very good and the steak was also good. The service is excellent and their pies are very good. If you are looking for good old fashioned home cooking then this place is for you. Nothing fancy, just good food and service. We will be back again soon. Get there before 6pm if you don't want to stand in line. They are north of claremore about 4 miles right on Highway 66.

Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

Matties is an excellent little country resturant with a homey feel to it. Mattie herself is usually out serving and chatting with the locals that drop in. Our family frequents her resturant especially since we live close. The food is always tasty and is cooked in a good ol' country home cookin' fashion. Her pies are legendary. I'd reccommend Mattie's any day.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

This place has the most delicious coconut cream pie I have ever tasted, and I am a connoisseur of pies. The smell when you walk in is like going into your Nanny's kitchen, and the comfort food is excellent. Try the flat-iron steak- marinated and as delicious as expensive cuts at pricey steakhouses. The waitresses were courteous, and Mattie herself is often on hand to let you sample something new from the kitchen. We tried a pear cobbler once- delectable! Homier than a diner, but not what I would call "upscale" the decor is country and the place is usually packed with locals. A family of four can eat well, with dessert, for around $40. If you miss old-fashioned home cooked meals, want real potatoes, two kinds of perfect gravy, and a bargain budget- this is the place to go.

1  Thank Morgalla