“Friendly service, good food”

Hammett House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Claremore
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2020 via mobile

First, my waitress was great! Engaging, nice and made sure I had everything I needed. I was solo and got seated right in the middle of everyone so I felt a bit self conscious. The food was good. Matzo ball soup was flavorful, chicken fried steak was good - maybe too much crust but it was tasty. Mashed potatoes and gravy were great! I took home a German Chocolate slice of pie and will take me a few days to eat because it’s so huge!

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank tonyav124
Write a reviewReviews (305)

Reviewed September 29, 2020

We split a 4 piece chicken meal and asked for half dark and half white. I think we got all dark though. The dinner rolls were good. The chicken was skimpy on the meat. The cookie that we had was awesome!

Date of visit: September 2020
3  Thank Dianna P
Reviewed August 19, 2020 via mobile

Be aware. All of the wait staff were wearing masks, except one who had mask below nose. Kitchen staff were not wearing masks when in dining area. Most patrons did not wear masks.
Fried chicken was just ok. Blueberry pie was very good.

Date of visit: August 2020
1  Thank creakbaum
Reviewed July 16, 2020 via mobile

You won't be sorry you ate here. The food is great and the service usually is as well BUT stick with the menu items and avoid their skimpy little lunch specials. NEVER order "french dressing" here!!! They make their own and it is DISGUSTING! Basically mayo and ketchup mixed together. Their chicken livers are awesome and the pampered fried chicken is very good. Lemon pecan pie is a must!

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed July 11, 2020

We went with a LARGE group. Drinks were refilled. Food was warm and done quickly. We had a cute staff gal. Love that Don Wilson has a booth there. Love all the Claremore memorabilia all over the walls.

Date of visit: July 2020