“Route 66 Tour”

Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Route 66 Tour”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband loves any kind of BBQ pork and when we found this restaurant recommended in our Route 66 book, we thought we'd try it. Our waitress, Cindy, was fabulous! We asked her to tell us what was good/popular and she recommended the pulled pork. We ended up ordering the Cotton-eyed Joe's Pork Feast for two and we were amazed at the amount of food we got! The pork was cooked to perfection, was falling off the bone, and we could add our own sauce, although it had great flavor without any sauce. The cole slaw was homemade and was some of the best I've had --and I'm picky when it comes to cole slaw. We had enough food to take with us for two more meals. The service was fantastic and everyone was friendly. Would highly recommend.

“Best BBQ in the world”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Admittedly, I'm biased. We used to live in Claremore and ate here literally every week. It got to the point that the staff would see us drive up and put in our orders. We always eat the same thing: rib dinner with fried okra and potato salad. They smoke the meat in an outdoor smoker until it's fall-off-the-bone tender. The sauce is to die for, and I've never found a comparable brand available in stores. It's smoky and sweet. Yum! The decor is definitely not fancy (it hasn't changed since the 80's) and the wait staff are teenagers, but the food is worth every penny. A cute story: I came here once around Christmas. As I was waiting for my take out order, I mentioned that this is always the first place I go (before I see my family). As I was walking out, the manager asked the waitress to catch me. He gave me 2 racks of ribs for free with a "Merry Christmas!" Can't beat the hometown hospitality! Btw, last time I was there, it is closed on Sundays.

sydney
“Average at best”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

On a rainy night with only one other table occupied, we were not impressed with the service at all. It was all fairly offhand. On top of that, despite many beer advertising signs around, no beer, or any liquor, was available. The beef was tasty, but was thickly covered in the BBQ sauce.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank wetwoSydney
Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
“fav bbq sauce”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

one of 2 local barbeque haunts. changed a bit since original owners . good sliced beef, great homemade bbq sauce - you'll want to take a bottle home.

Visited March 2012
Claremore, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Loved it!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Waitstaff is very friendly, generous portions and the chopped brisket is to die for! Best I have ever had. The bbq beans were okay and the potato salad was very good.I will definitely eat here again.

• Visited January 2013