“Maybe OK for Small Town OK”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Chickasha
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed in the building out behind the main hotel, so these comments may not apply to all of the hotel. The rooms were dated at best. Carpet on floor had major stains and the room smelled a little moldy, however the bathroom was fairly clean. The bed was ok. The chain lock on the door had been ripped off and not all of the outlets worked. The free breakfast was great, included eggs, meat, fruit, cereal, yogurt you name it, so the breakfast somewhat made up for the room condition. If the price had been less I would have given it 3 stars.

Room Tip: The 'air' in the main building is centerally controlled and it wasn't on yet and it was...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 8, 2012

OK, so imagine having to drive to Chickasha, OK, where my family has lived for generations, there is an oil field convention going on, a little league baseball convention, everything within miles is booked solid... and you are coming to bury your mum with your dad...

No choices. I booked four rooms, and I was trying to deal with two disabled relatives, so I asked for poolside rooms on first floor because... BEWARE... there is NO elevator!! I made this clear when I booked the rooms. Well, we get there, and poolside can mean you are on the second or third floors but your room kinda overlooks the poolside. Only one of the four rooms I booked was on the first floor, so we put my brother in that one because there was no way in the world we could get him up the stairs in a wheelchair. Then we had to help my aunt up the stairs, to the second floor, which is where the other three rooms were. Of the four rooms, the air conditioning worked in only one, and that was poor at best... and we weren't alone. Whilst waiting in the lobby, the front desk was being pounded with calls for fans... it was 105 degrees F outside. All fans had been distributed by 4:00 p.m. so there were several unhappy guests. We didn't even bother to ask as it was clear they were out of fans.

The front desk is run by very young people who, frankly, seemed to have been so beat up by the guests over the air conditioning they quit caring. I actually felt sorry for them. They did their best, but it just became too overwhelming.

The bar was so smoke filled you needed an oxygen mask just to open the door... we opened the door and literally the smoke flowed out like a fire. That was the end to a small desire just for a glass of wine to unwind from the very long drive and prepare ourselves for the funeral the next day.

In my room which I shared with my niece, the bathtub had been caulked so many times it was noticeable, but only after taking a shower did I realize the tub had leaked and flooded the room, along with all my clothes lying on the floor.

Looking for the ice machine? It's on the first floor... you'll find it eventually if you ask enough people or you take one of the maps they give you at the front desk showing you where it's located. We kinda weren't in the mood for a treasure hunt... an ice machine on each floor would be a huge improvement given there is no elevator and the typical Oklahoma heat that is rampant every year in the summer months.

On a good note? The free breakfast was fantastic. Just about anything and everything you could even think of was available (although remember, this is Chickasha, OK, you're not going to get custom omelets or even omelets, just scrambled eggs).... but that was OK. You could even make your own waffle if you wanted to take the time.

On another good note, the beds were comfortable and rooms were clean.

If you have to be in Chickasha, your options are extremely limited. As in two. You make the best with what you have to deal with.

Room Tip: Spa? Seriously? there is no "spa"... only a pool that was filled with extremely noisy ki...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I read all the reviews, good and bad and still decided to stay, hopefully my review will help offset some of the other negative ones. We had none of the problems others seemed to have had and reading some of the reviews, the expectations seem wildly off. This isn't the Ritz :) but we didn't expect it, we expected clean and the reasonable price. We booked through Hotels.com and the price was the primary reason. Decent hotels are limited in Chickasha and it seemed silly to pay over a hundred dollars a night for a Holiday Inn!! We just spent a weekend on the River Walk in San Antonio, using Hotwire and only paid a little over a hundred for a 5 star hotel on the river. The issues the other travelers had seemed to me to be their set of expectations. This was a trip for a family funeral. We explained our need for connecting rooms, people checking in at different times from different places, etc. We are all very picky about cleanliness, the bathrooms were clean, the shower head was great!! the bed linens were white which allowed me to check for the dreaded bedbug issue and the towels were decent thickness. Otherwise, this is not a new hotel, so don't expect the latest and greatest in decor, but we had no issues with anything really. Well, not true. The AC is strange but this was June so we weren't hot. It seems the old central system is kaput so they have small freestanding units vented into the old system. Adequate but as I said, it's only June and in the 80s. The food is fine and we loved the covered poolside area which allowed local family to visit out of the elements, namely the Oklahoma wind!! I can only speak for ourselves, but our rooms poolside were just fine and I gave this hotel visit a 4 star based on what is available in town, the way the staff handled us and the no problem stay.

Room Tip: I always choose upstairs so no one is above me if possible. This hotel doesn't have an elevator...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Our vehicle broke down about 10 miles outside of Chickasha OK at 5 am during our travel between Texas back to Kansas, so we had to have a tow truck bring us into town. Our tow truck driver suggested coming to the restaurant inside the best western for their breakfast buffet and lounge area for a few hours until the auto shop opened up. Our waitress Leesa was one of the sweetest, most helpful, and friendy people we could have come across this early in the mornin in our distress. We didnt stay in a room but we did eat the food. It was a delicious, home style cooked breakfast buffet that hit the spot and made the challenge of our upcoming travels a bit easier to deal with. Very grateful of their hospitality and generosity!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 8, 2012

First of all, the 1 star is strictly for the quality of the food. Otherwise it would have been zero stars. The breakfast buffet and the dinner, especially the Chicken Fried Steak were of excellent quality. But that is where it ends.

We were assigned Rm 124 which is a outside room facing the parking lot. When we opened the door, first thing we noticed was that it was quite cold even though the thermostat was in the Heat position with the lever on Max. We tried a variety of settings and always got cold air. Called the front desk and asked the problem be fixed before we returned from our day out. Also noticed a dirty, stained carpet, parts with tuft coming up, but figured we could live with that. Got back to find same problem with cold air. Went to front desk. Now they informed me on hot days, they turn the boiler off so only cold air was available. So we spent the night turning off the air entirely to warm the room, then turning it back on to cool the room. And of course that night several Harley MC owners had rooms close by so we also discovered that our windows and walls kept out very little outside noise. Next morning asked for an inside room for our second night. Only stayed because my cousin was coming to have dinner with us from a farm 40 miles away. The morning clerk said no problem. Have our luggage ready to go and it would be transferred to our new room. Both my wife and I clearly heard her say this. Got back that afternoon to find our luggage still in our old room. Went to the front desk and was informed by the afternoon clerk that their staff would NEVER move luggage. That was our responsibility. OK, fine. Where was our new room? It was on the 2nd floor on the opposite side from our old room with NO elevators. That meant my wife and I, both 65+, would have to move all our luggage around the building and up two flights of stairs on our own. So we decided to check the room out first. Soon as we opened the door we were overwhelmed by a strong chemical smell. I began to get a headache and my wife was woozy. Went back to the front desk and was told that a construction worker had spilled a can of paint thinner on the rug the night before, but that their maint. had cleaned it up and the smell should go away eventually. Needless to say, we did NOT take the new room. That evening we had dinner with my cousin and her husband. Had to twice chase down the waiter to get service. As mentioned above, the food when it did come was excellent. But then we sat there exchanging stories for 45 minutes with dirty plates sitting in front of us. Finally got the bill, and the waiter stood there waiting for me to fill out the charge card ticket. Never have I had that happen before. Then endured another night of AC on and off and loud parking lot noise. Informed the morning girl the next morning how dissappointed were were with our stay and her only response was "Here's your bill".

Room Tip: If you HAVE to stay here, get an inside room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Hotel looks old but rooms are up to date; each room has a refrigerator and microwave. Centrally located with restaurants, WalMart, gas stations, and main highway nearby. Service was excellent, changed my room when I was told that I have a smoking room. However, free breakfast was cold and bread products were stale. Friday night, some idiot decided to use the parking lot as a drag strip because it rained. For the most part, probably would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see if other rooms are available
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spent two out of three reserved nights at the Best Western Inn in Chickasha, OK last weekend. Two days with NO hot water, 4 calls to management, finally broken plumbing forced me to check out and end my trip early. I checked with other guests in the building and they were complaining too. Awful, terrible, just drive on by!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car at a truck stop rather than stopping here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family