Quality Inn
Agoda.com
$109
$106
Agoda.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Norman(Norman)(Great Value!)
$76
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 22, 2011

I spent two out of three reserved nights at the Best Western Inn in Chickasha, OK last weekend. Two days with NO hot water, 4 calls to management, finally broken plumbing forced me to check out and end my trip early. I checked with other guests in the building and they were complaining too. Awful, terrible, just drive on by!

Room Tip: Sleep in your car at a truck stop rather than stopping here.
2  Thank AndyHG99
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I arrived around 9:30 PM on Thursday night, November 17, 2011 at the BW Chichasha. The hotel is situated off one of the main streets in Chickasha next to a very busy McDonalds and a Walmart Supercenter. It is in a prime location for small town America. I was promptly greeted by Heather at the front desk who assigned me room 167 a second building located in the far lot next to an RV park. The hotel was clearly at capacity as the front door parking available was all taken, I parked a way down from my room, still within walking distance, a reasonable distance for loading and unloading. From my observations of the vehicles parked in the lot, the hotel is frequented by guests driving large mud covered work trucks and dog show exhibitors with their rigs.

I attempted to draw a nice hot bath after my 8 hour plus drive in to Chichasha. I was welcomed with ice cold water from the cold spigot and slightly less cold water from the hot spigot. I began to run both sink and tub hoping the distance from the main building required this in order to warm. The time was 10:30 PM when I called Heather at the front desk who cheerily reported no water issues but would 'send someone over'. Knowing that once a call is placed, issues can immediately and miraculously resolve themselves, I turned the water back on to run. After 10 minutes and no miraculous intervention - I waited for help to arrive. At 11:30 PM, I called Heather to cancel the customer service call as I was going to bed exhausted but asked that the Manager address this in time to have water in the morning.

The room was a down and out (meaning you can park right in front of your room). The room was DOWN and OUT. The linens were ill-fitting and wrinkled. A small strip of what was once a bedspread was placed at the foot of the bed in an attempt to appear decorative. The lounge chair next to the door was stained as was the carpet. Now I'm not talking small incidental stains, I'm talking places where it looked like a human being may have lost the greater part of the blood volume stains. You'll see these choice photos from my uploads. It was so bad that I never took off my shoes. The door was filthy, the windows had not been washed in forever, curtains, just don't pull them back and let the light of day hit the floor!

Now it's morning, I have an event in the early afternoon so I waited to bathe until after enjoying my hot breakfast at the hotel restaurant. I am leaving ample time for the manager to resolved the water situation you see. As I walk into the main building I see a hotel employee (later to be revealed as my server) standing outside in her uniform smoking and chatting it up with a guest? friend?

Once seated in the restaurant the female server immediately warns me that there are no clean glasses and they are out of orange juice because they are busy but the coffee is plentiful and piping hot. Breakfast consisted of bagels, toast, Danish, jams, jellies, peanut butter, along side heated frozen potatoes, dry over cooked greasy bacon, less dry greasy sausage, and slightly warm scrambled eggs. I tasted the eggs, bacon, and sausage after dabbing them with a napkin so I can attest to the lack of quality and greasiness. The coffee was superb. I tipped my server and headed back to my room to draw a bath.

After 10 minutes of attempting to get even tepid water, I called the front desk where I was advised that no one had mentioned any water issues in the building that housed room 167. I asked that the manager be contacted to remedy the situation. I was forced to take a cold shower (not even intermittent warm water here folks!) that would have been a luxury. After my invigorating shower, I packed up and left for the afternoon event that brought me to the town of Chickasha.

Upon my return, I immediately ran the water which had gone from cold to tepid to dare I say warm!!!

I forgot to mention that I could NOT be moved because the hotel was sold out. I was not offered another room.

On Saturday, November 19, still with only cold water running in the tub and sink - the toilet breaks down and refuses to flush. Once again, I call the front desk now frantic because I have the most important event of my weekend in only an hour and a half. I am told I can move to room 145 that they will get it ready. I throw my items together in a panic get there and the maid is still working on the room. I barge in getting my things at least ready so that the minute she's finished I can get ready. Finally, hot water!

I my hurry and frustration, I misread the schedule for my event and I missed it by minutes unable to compete. An 8 hour drive, two nights, no hot water, a crappy room, and I miss my event.

I return to the hotel and let Sean at the front desk know that I am checking out. I ask for the name of the owner who I am advised is a man in Alaska who just owns the place as an income property along with several other hotels. I am presented with a card for the manager, Mandy Hegdorn, who is not available. To my knowledge, there was no manager on duty any of the times I called or visited the front desk: on a sold out weekend. Nice to have flexible schedules like that when your hotel is sold out and experiencing problems.

I am not offered any compensation although Sean did seem sincere in his "gee I'm sorry". But I think he gets a lot of practice -- there's no way with the huge issues this hotel faces that he doesn't get chewed out on a regular basis.

I travel frequently. My preferences are moderately priced La Quintas, Hampton Inns and the like because they are generally clean and consistent and must adhere to certain standards. This "Best" Western is horrible. If their corporate got a look at this place they would board it up, fire the staff and hope that one of those infamous Oklahoma Twisters would come blow it away. On my way out, several other guests in the building that housed room 167 were out and about. Four separate guests told me they had no hot water or inconsistent hot water throughout their stays -- never heard of a water problem?

I should have slept in my car at a truck stop.

Stay away, go elsewhere!

Room Tip: Try to get something in the main building if hot and cold running water are your requirements.
6  Thank Tariance
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Check in was a night mare. When I arrived the check in staff was so rude and they did not greet me just what do you want. I reserved a non smoking king sized bed. I had to make a request of a lower floor because I am disabled and I cannot make it to a higher floor. Online it said my hotel reservation is 55.95 or 55.99 per night. They told me that my rate is 69.99 I asked why and the lady said that she has to charge me more. I told her no I can show her my reservation online and she still told me no she had to charge me more. We argued for 10 minutes on the price. Really! Then they said all we have is a second floor room on the outside. I asked do you have an elevator I cannot walk up stairs. They said no. I said I need a lower room per request. The lady said we do not have any lower rooms left. We have pageant girls here that we need to take care of first because they made their reservations three months ago. So I said we are part of the pageant girls. The lady said well your daughter does not look or acts like a pageant girl. I asked her if she would like to see my daughters crown and sash. Then the lady stopped talking. She handed me my upstairs room key and said she could not help me. So we went to see our room and it was upstairs. By the way thank you for my husband carrying me up the stairs because I could not do so and the hotel staff would not help. The room was in a hall way that was 112 degrees in that hall way and yet it was only 89 outside and not well ventilated with plastic all over the floor that made it hard to pull luggage through. When we opened the door OH MY GOSH really a double bed not the king size that I reserved on the internet. So we call down to the front desk and the girl says we cannot help you sorry. So my husband went down stairs and she said that she cannot do anything for us all the king sized bed rooms were taken. By the way the room still had trash in the trash cans, and I know that this is petty but there was way too much furniture in the room. A bed, a reclining chair, a desk that was right next to the door so when you open the door the door hits it and this poor desk has a lot of damage from the door hitting it. There was also a business chair by the desk that was so dirty you could not use. I have pictures if you would like them. Ok then there was a long stand with three draws to put clothes in, then you bed and two nightstands and another chair and a standing lamp and a another half chair. There was also a mini fridge and a microwave. We had no room to walk in that room let a long place our luggage. The socket had no covers as well. So I had my husband carry me down to talk to the front desk and the blond girl that is skinny wearing a tank top for a uniform. I guess was the manager which now she had left for the day. The other girl attending the front desk had reddish brown hair. Heaver set girl that checked me in the first time snapped at me and said what now. I said the room does not have a king sized bed and the front desk girl said I know but that is all we have left. I said when I reserved this room online it said that it was a king sized bed. The lady said that when I reserved a room online it just guaranteed you a room not the size of bed or what floor you will be getting. I said yes it did tell me what size of bed I would be getting. But true not the floor but that is why I made the request. The lady said no it did not tell you that you would get a king sized bed. I asked the lady if she would like for me to pull up my reservations and show her that it does say a king sized bed. She then argued with me for about 5 more minutes about the room type. I asked is there any way to compensate our stay then and she said no. I asked if there was even some way to take a little off my bill and so she said that she would take 10 dollars off to make my room not 65.00 per night. So here we go again. Online my room reservation was for 55.95 per night. How did it now go to 75.00 minus the ten that she was discounting me? So we argued again for another five minutes and finally she said that she would give me the rate of 45.95 per night for our whole stay. Which we had this night and my husband had a reservation for an additional 3 nights under his name on a different reservation that we made a week before this reservation. So I stayed down stairs while my husband lugged our belonging us stairs. Other pageant families greeted me and I told them my dilemma with the room and two families told me that they did not have any one next to them and they was on a bottom floor. HUM. Why could I not get one of those rooms? But I left everything alone and left everything as is even thought I was just treated so awfully. I did complain to the main company and they did refund us 55.00 for one night. Also I would hate to leave out that there was one girl that worked there and she was great to us and helpful I cannot pronounce her name because it was spelled very strange but the next morning of or horrible first night here, the girl was working the front desk and she helped getting a new room down staris for us. She had very short darker brown hair, white female about 5 feet 7 round face, a thinner girl I think in her middle to late 20's. She helped us and she was amazing. GOD BLESS THIS GIRL!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Amanda J
Reviewed November 18, 2011

First day my Husband, child, dog, and I checked in; we asked for 1st floor and a weekly rate. Staff agreed. We went to our room, used key to get in and there were 2 people having sex. How embarassing!!!! Went back to the front desk, they did appologize and gave us a pool side room. Note...We did not ask for a pool side room! The next day I looked up our bank statement and they had charged us $485.00. Went to talk to them the very next day, hoping it would be credited and they took out another $395.00. To make a long story short when all said and done and dealing with them and our bank, we were charged all together $751.00 for 1 week. The dog was a 1 time fee of $40.00. The management was rude and no help at all! They were suppose to credit our card $512.86 and only credited it for $316.00.
The waitresses for free breakfast were very rude!
The only nice thing I have to say about this place is that the housekeeping staff were awsome! Very nice, but Wow...Please do not ever use your debit card or credit card to stay here!
Also, very noisy! People swimming late and partying every night! Worst place we ever stayed!
We are now at the Maverick Inn, not as nice, but bigger room and no problems what so ever!

Room Tip: Do not use credit or debit card! Have cash!!!!
2  Thank Kim S
Reviewed October 30, 2011

All in all, not bad. But the promised rate I got off of Expedia didn't include outrageous tax and other fees. $79.00 in all. I could have stayed at Super 8 for 30 bucks less. It was an okay hotel but not so okay to justify the difference in price. The Wi-Fi totally sucked, bring your C5a cable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple