“friendly, helpful staff, but place needs some attention”

Holiday Inn Express Chickasha
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Chickasha
Reviewed November 5, 2012

we were in town for a reunion -- reservations made far in advance, and made direclty with the hotel -- and even though we had talked to hotel staff twice before arrival there was a mix-up on our room when we tried to check in. It took quite a while to get straightened out but the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. It took 2 more calls after we returned home to get the bill straightened out.
We are priority club members and stay at Holiday Inns a lot and this one is sub-par on the cleanliness scale. The shower seat I requested was covered in at least 2 inches of dust and dirt. The staff person who handed it to me said, it's really dirty, you may need to shower it off. Breakfast was fine, beds were comfortable, staff were very friendly and helpful. Rooms and bathrooms, especially the shower, was really dirty. Reservation system and bookkepping need some serious attention.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Stephanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey about our hotel, your comments are apprecaited and will be used in further training of our staff. We do value your comments and appreciate the fact that you are a loyal Priority Club Member and would honor the opportunity to have you stay with us again if you are in the Chickasha area.

Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff told us where we could go play at the casino and told us to try the La Fiesta mexican Resturant across the street. Everything was great. I highly recommend this hotel if you are planing in staying in the Chickasha, Ok area.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BuckWilkins

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and for taking the opportunity to submit a survey. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and also visiting some of our local businesses. We hope that you will stay with us again in the near future

Reviewed September 10, 2012

When I first drove up, I could tell it was an older property. No stones and nice landscaping like the newer ones. Then I though, "Who cares about outside, inside is the main part." I walk in and see a nice atrium, but popcorn ceilings. I don't know about design and if they still use that style. When I went, it was hot and muggy inside. The elevator machine room door was open and a fan was blowing the hot air out of the machine room and into the lobby, making it so steamy. 3 smelled like smoke but 2 wasn't so bad. The room was nice and accommodating and so was the breakfast. Overall, it is very nice. But the first impression was kind of disappointing.

Room Tip: Rooms near the elevator have more noise. Rooms in the back facing North or South are better.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for submitting a survey about our hotel we appreciate and value your opinions. We are currently working on updating the outside and entrance of our hotel. I am glad that you did find your accomodations comfortable and the breakfast enjoyable. We look forward to your return to our hotel in the near future

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Business has had me at this Holiday Inn one or two nights each week for over a year.
Staff always are friendly and provide first class service. Great place to stay, like a home away from home. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for our hotel. Customer service is our priority and we are glad that you have enjoyed your stays with us and enjoy our Express Start Breakfast. We look forward to your continued patronage with us.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We got in late but reception was very nice and friendly. Said they had been waiting for us, ha! Room was clean and welcoming. Temperature just right. Next morning, we grabbed breakfast on the way out, bacon, egg biscuits. Not gourmet but nourishing. Appreciated being able to get back on the road with a minimum of fuss.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate your positive feedback about your experience at our hotel. Our goal is to make every visit a pleasant one. We look forward to you visiting the Chickasha Holiday Inn Express again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My first stay in a Holiday Inn Express, I chose the advance purchase for a week so the check in was quick, 2 bed suite was clean & comfortable. Staff were nice & helpful when needed. Had no complaints until a week later when I checked my credit card account and found they had charged me twice, which put my card overlimit. Called them immediately on a Fri., after business hours, they did get this corrected, but in my opinion it should of never happened since I also checked out at the front desk to make sure all charges were taken care of. Don't know if I will stay in another HIE.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to submit a personal and honest review of our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us and that your room was comfortable and the staff was helpful. Your feedback gives us an opportunity to work on areas that may need improvement. I hope that you will conisder Holiday Inn Express the next time you make travel arrangements.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I love to stay here when I come home to visit. I had a king suite and it was great. The staff is always friendly and helpful. When I first checked in, it was a little hectic, but the staff was still very professional.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Stephanie M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chickasha, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey for our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments about our staff is greatly appreciated, we strive to make all our guests feel welcome and at home. We look forward to your next visit when you are in the area.