“More than a mouthful!!!”
Review of Jake's Rib

Jake's Rib
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Chickasha
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have been visiting Jake's rib since I was a seventh grader in middle school, and that has been since 1985. The last visit was on a rib feature day, for lunch. It was around nine dollars, with a water, and had half a slab of ribs with a mountain of fresh cut curly fries. When I say "mountian", that is probably an understatement. The ribs were delicious (I could not finish my plate), and I consume vast amounts of BBQ!!! The wait staff is friendly and there is alot of history in the restaurant. I've yet to visit the Head Country bbq restaurant in Ponca City, but Earl's is a definate top 3 BBQ restaurant for Oklahoma, in my book, and I eat BBQ once a week!

Reviewed January 30, 2012

They have a great variety of side orders and huge portions, but most of their main dishes are average.

Reviewed December 8, 2011

Beef was very tough, fat and not at all tasty. I was very disappointed as this restaurant was recommended by a co-worker.

1  Thank lillah19
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Jake's Rib was recommended by our hotel front desk clerk as a great local joint. We dined there on Friday, November 18 at around 6 PM. The joint was hopping with nearly all tables filled and a line at the door.

I ordered the sliced beef dinner with coleslaw and green beans. The sliced roast beef was very tender and not overwhelmingly smoky as some BBQ places tend to serve. The sauces are spicy or mild. With the roast, I preferred the less spicy. I sampled the ribs by husband ordered. These meaty pork ribs could easily stand up to the spicier sauce. The ribs were a little fatty but extremely tasty.

The restaurant serves beer only no wines, sweet and unsweetened teas, and a large variety of soda.

We both ordered the salad bar which was on a portable salad wagon. The wagon was ancient and had no lights. The scratched glass was so worn you hand to hunker down and squint to see what was hidden in the jars nestled in the wagon. The pickens were lean and the variety was highly lacking. The coleslaw and potato salad offered as dinner sides also dominated the silm offering. Lettuce resembled the bagged variety tossed in a bowl for starters. The restaurant has a BIG opportunity here. My thought was why bother - just offer a simple side salad if you're going to treat your salad bar as an inconvenient after thought.

The decor in the room we were seated was basically garage sale chic - featured horses and a large out of scale hand painted number on the wall signed by the artist. The furniture was diner, and not deluxe diner. The chairs and tables could have used a good scrubbing top to bottom. I would recommend some soft scrub and hose them down in the parking lot. It could make a world of difference and get the 'sticky' that seemed to be everywhere off the furniture.

Tasty fare for a local joint - prices were under $15 each including drink and tip. The waitress warned us that the kitchen was backed up when we were seated so our expectations were lowered immediately. Our wait was not terrible and we enjoyed the people watching - lots of local color.

1  Thank Tariance
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Average BBQ. Only thing good about the sides ate the portions.

1  Thank railroadrob