“What a find! Top marks for the room, cleanliness and wonderful owner” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chelsea Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chelsea
Chelsea Motor Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chelsea
london
“What a find! Top marks for the room, cleanliness and wonderful owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed here on my route 66 adventure (from Oklahoma City to Chicago). I am so pleased that I found this place! Ther room I had was a Route 66 themed room, and was delightful! So very well decorated! SPOTLESS too. Trudy is fantastic - I was travelling alone, from the UK, Trudy made sure I was OK. So welcoming too, and such a good person. If you are doing '66, this is a stop you must make! You will be sorry if you don't!! Eat breakfast at the Prarie Grill, down the road, turning right from the inn and after the stoplight on left. Michelle

Room Tip: Route 66 themed room great!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank mkellis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tucumcari, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2011

The Chelsea Motor Inn is a gem of a little motel. We stayed there on our move to Tucumcari, NM. Frank and Trudy are great hosts and a lot of fun to talk to!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank krmtrains1
Wenatchee, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

On a recent road trip (Route 66) we passed through Chelsea, OK, at the end of the day and found this little jewel of a place. Although this 6 unit motel is not really old (1995) it has the feel of the old motor courts that were once in every town along Route 66. The rooms are basic but very clean with everything you would need for a short stay. It was quiet, even though it is right on the highway and the price cannot be beat. The owners, Trudy and Frank are worth the stop. Very friendly and interesting. If you are on the road in Oklahoma, try the Chelsea Motor Inn. You'll be gld you did.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank msmcd
Essex, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

travelling on rte 66 on motorcycles brought us to the CHELSEA MOTOR INN .a lovely little motel with clean and comfy rooms.. but the owners trudy and frank are amazing hosts. they showed us service and hospitality the likes of which neither one of us had ever seen before. EVER!! they will cater to your every need. we were truly treated like old friends. for those travelling on rte 66 to have a good time instead of making good time, the chelsea motor inn is a MUST STAY. thanks trudy and frank for our best stop on our trip from ontario canada to los angeles california . - rick and butch

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank lricky
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I had the pleasure of comin' across this li'l gem on a Route 66 trip. Both sweet & inexpensive. It sits on the east end of a cool li'l town worthy of a visit. I ALMOST don't wanna share cus, they only have a few rooms & bein' a bit selfish & wanna be sure they have room at the "Inn" for me.
(DO NOT get it confused with the "Chelsea Motel"!!! The only thing good 'bout that place is a photo-op of the old neon sign).
Frank & Trudy Jugler are the owners of this cozy motor inn & should be extremely proud. The Juglers are so welcomin' for a weary traveler. I met Frank at check-in & he told me a couple stories, one of his unusual pet, "Chelsea". And I met Trudy at check-out & she gave me a hug that my Mom asked her to pass on. Seems my Mom had called the night before, after I checked in with her. I also met li'l "Toby" the ferocious guard dog & the honor of viewin' a beautiful Route 66 quilt that her Mom made.
Niceness aside, the rooms are clean, comfy & cozy. I had a wonderful rest, a tour of the town & a smile on my face as I continued on my journey.
Thank you both very much & I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank 66tripper
Cabot, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

My husband is from Chelsea and we stayed there while visiting his parents for Chrismas. All we needed to do was sleep and shower and for that this was just perfect. The bathroom was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

The only criticism I would have would be that there was no iron/ironing board and no hangers in the closet. Couldn't really unpack our clothes for church on Sunday so they were a little wrinkled from the suitcase.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank plmcgill
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Frank, the friendly owner of the motel. We had a nice talk and he even showed us his pet, Chelsea, the bizon.

We stayed in a room in Route 66 style, with a map of Oklahoma and the itinerary of the Route through the state. The room had everyting we needed, was clean and comfortable.

All in all, a great stay. I would highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank merluza
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
Claremore Motor Inn
Claremore Motor Inn
#8 of 8 in Claremore
Super 8 Big Cabin/vinita Area

Been to Chelsea Motor Inn? Share your experiences!