“Interesting experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Chandler
MN
“Interesting experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Lincoln Motel as part of our Route 66 experience and it was an experience! The gentleman that checked us in was nice.

The Pros:
It was cheap!
The room was small, but it was what we expected given the age of the property. The room/linens were clean and it was surprisingly quiet despite being full and on the highway. I will tell you that we had the fan on so it may have masked some noise. It had a refrigerator which I did not expect given the price. It did not smell of smoke which I would have expected given the age again.

The Cons:
The toliet was not what I expected. It moved. Not just a little, a lot. Let's just say the repair job done was an interesting choice. It functioned fine, but it was odd.....

The showerhead is very low. I had to adopt the limbo approach and I'm 5'5". My husband just about bent over double.

The bathroom overall shows it's age, but it is functional.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SueMN

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Hosts are very accommodating. Service is excellent. Pay three times as much in Tulsa or Edmond if you want. Small but simply a great place to kick back and relax. I will make it a point to check here first when passing through. Great diners and the Route 66 museum just up the street.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Wellsitegeo
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had to stay here a week and a half and was the worst time in my life I would not recommend staying here roaches nasty smell beds suck showers hardly work not a good area nothin to do in this small town of Oklahoma just like all towns in Oklahoma if you are coming threw take the extra 45 mins to okc for a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Dhhhsxjwh
Washington state
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great little town. Sad little hotel! All you need to do is clean it if its dirty and IT WAS DIRTY. Fix it if it is broken and A LOT WAS BROKEN. We stay in mom and pop places reg. we enjoy them over the chain places often. BUT not this place. You could not pay me $50 or more to stay there again. Lets not be bigots here what difference does it make where the owners are from? You lost the civil war remember. I bettcha that good ol' boys that are complaining about where these people are from have not traveled much outside the south, let alone the USA.

Room Tip: Go to Stroud Best Western, not that great but clean and not broken. Only 11 miles from Chandler, vi...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank sue s
Bisbee, Arizona
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Where do I start? The room was 50 bucks plus tax for two of us. It smelled incredibly bad of cat or dog urine and it was really dirty. I was afraid to touch anything in the room. The pillow smelled so bad I had to remove it from the bed. There was a mini fridge but it was so dirty and smelled so bad I could not use it. In the bathroom the tile was all broken and had no grouting. The towels were very scratchy and smelled really bad. We slept for about 6 hrs and got out of there as quickly as we could. I noticed that even my luggage reeked of mold and dog or cat urine after I put it in the car. AVOID!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank blubutch
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The location is very nice,i like very much.staff was friendly,room was clean & free wifi also.when we pass on route 66 we stay here every time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bole B
Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed June 12, 2012

After reading reviews we were a little nervous about stopping in but so glad we did. The hotel is Indian owned but they keep it neat and clean. When we arrived they offered a key so we could check out the room. It was clean, but not new as most branded hotels as some seem to expect.

The hotel was under fifty bucks and includes a frig and microwave and a bag of ice if you ask! Parking is adaquate - there are parking in front and behind each double cottage. We slept well even though the road is close by. The benches out front provided a nice place to relax and watch the world go by!

This is not a new hotel but we would stay here again without hesitation. No it isn't a Holday Inn or other but it was worth a stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank EvelynMc

Been to Lincoln Motel? Share your experiences!