“Filth!!!!”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chandler
Frederick, Maryland
“Filth!!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Not one to complain, but seriously avoid this hotel! Absolutely filthy!!!!!!!!!! Stopped at 1:00 AM because of bad weather and exhaustion. Room was disgusting. Dirty walls, door, floor, BEDSPREADS!!!!, sheets, pillows....bathroom wall had poop on it by toilet, bathroom floor had filth on it (as in not vacuumed or mopped), no toilet paper.....HORRIFYING!!! Never, in all my travels, have I ever seen anything like this. My recommendation...sleep in your car if this is your only choice. Should be closed down!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ManagerSue

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I were stranded in Chandler with a broken down car in the middle of a cross-country road trip, and this is basically the hotel there. It was an adequate place to sleep - clean enough and in decent shape for the price and on par with what I expect from the brand (which isn't much). Furnishings and carpet are worn in places, but the bed is comfortable enough. The staff was friendly and receptive to us.

The restaurant downstairs doesn't serve amazing food or anything, but it's cheap. Their breakfast especially was a good value.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given the room directly above the office. This seemed to work out...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Don't stay here if possible. The 2nd story floors feel like they are going to fall in at any time. he person below us kept complaining because she could hear us walking. The air conditioner made my wife sick and she did not get better for almost 2 months. The room smelled bad. there were bugs & Huge spiders all along the walkway on the 2nd floor

The Hotel employees were rude and weird. They made us feel very uncomfortable. .

Room Tip: Its worth the 30 mile drive to the next nearest hotel if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JubileeJerry
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We needed a place to stay for the same night with our dogs and booked a room here at a reasonable price. I'm so glad we weren't able to read the reviews ahead of time, because it seemed that the reviewers were describing a different hotel altogether!

What a pleasant surprise when we arrived! The room was very nicely furnished and clean, with an upholstered wing chair, a dresser, and a desk and comfy office chair, plus a fridge and microwave, as promised.

The AC worked perfectly and cooled the room immediately. There was a hairdryer in the room, and we got a coffee maker from the accommodating manager in the office. We also found convenient parking for our SUV and small trailer right across from the room.

The beds had pillowtop mattresses and were very comfortable, and the location was quiet. We had a good night's sleep, and the neighborhood behind the motel was a lovely area for a long walk with the dogs in the morning. The office provides complementary coffee and orange juice in the morning, but not a full breakfast. There is an adjoining restaurant, which we did not patronize due to our dietary restrictions.

Just one small caveat: The Choice Hotels website listed a $5 fee per pet, but we were charged $10 each when we made the reservation. The desk clerk said that $5 was for small pets only, which should have been listed on the website.

We were very comfortable and enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were travelling with a group of 18 people when our other hotel was cancelled at the last minute. We did not have much choice but stay here and it was horrible.
The place looks in bad state (and probable is in a bad state). The rooms were filthy, the food was mediocre at best and the location is not good.
You best stay away from here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dries_Bessels
Tampa
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was traveling between Oklahoima City and Tulsa and I should have stopped in OKC, but I figured there may be a few more options along I-44 (Turner Turnpike). By the time I got to Chandler it was almost midnight and I was exhausted, so the sign for the Econolodge was a welcome sight. Check in was OK but things went downhill from there. There were a lot of people hanging out on the balcony and common areas, even just outside my room. The room itself was not very clean and it was hot as the wall mounted AC wasn't turned on. The shower and plumbing from the adjacent rooms was very noisy and the walls were paper thin. Even though I had a non-smoking room, I could smell smoke from the other rooms and the balcony. The door to the room did not close all the way unless the deadbolt was engaged and the chain did not fit its receptacle. I was tired and I went right to sleep but I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Room Tip: Take some extra time and hit the Best Western in Stroud, or better yet, travel on to Tulsa or OKC an...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TampaTampa99
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Wow ok first the good the sheets were clean! I've never payed to stay in such a place! The room Ac was shut off And so hot it was still 85 6 hours later with Ac on full blast! Musty smelling room had no other choice because of pets! I read reviews and thought it can't be that bad! Yes it CAN !! the restaurant 's floor looked like linoleum but it was carpet ! food was good though! I tell you this because they need to clean the place up! Maybe they will read and fix the issues! Nice staff just needs someone to remodel and they would have a great place ! Hotel and restaurant need a good thorough rehab of facilities service is good!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Greenreader

Been to Econo Lodge Chandler? Share your experiences!