“If you're looking for a traditional Hard Rock, keep looking”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Catoosa
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Doing some work here, and was excited that it was a Hard Rock Casino/Hotel. It's obvious they just pay for the name. There's no cafe. The only souveniers are Hard Rock Hotel souvenirs. Walked the floor a bit. The center bar is not the same center bar that EVERY OTHER Hard Rock Casino has. It's a semi-circle with no bar top poker. Had to search high and low and found a bank of 6 poker games. Tighter than a dolphin's butt. They have a "request a drink" button on the machines. Forget about that. I played for 45 minutes, and pushed the button several times, and didn't even see a server in my area. And we're talking 6:00pm, not middle of the night.
All in all this place is a shadow of what a real Hard Rock Casino should be. They need to go back to being Cherokee Catoosa, because they're giving Hard Rock a bad name.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank degenx1973
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Ive been to this place a few times, the most recent with my mom, lol!! we sat at the center bar had 3 drinks and went to play a game when a man tapped us on the sholders saying he was concerned about me. saying several colleges have seen me stumbling. and that the marshalls would be right over to further investigate. he claimed they have a two drink max policy!!! really? this slick back poney tailed wanna be cop was non cooperative saying we couldnt drive, or call a friend to pick us up or even pay for a room at the casino. basically saying we were both going to jail!!!! stay away!!! this has happened to several of my friends also.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Jennifer Y
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I booked two rooms at the Hard Rock for a nice shopping/relaxing weekend in Tulsa. The casino was fun and clean but the room was a different story. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. The bed felt like we were laying on an exam table vs. a mattress. In addition, even though we had a non smoking room it was still very smelly of smoke and deodorizer. Half way through the first night I knew we had to check out in the morning and find some where else to sleep because my husband and I both had difficulty sleeping. I called the desk in the morning and told them that we were unhappy with the mattress and wanted to check out. They didn't apologize or offer a different room or anything. They just wanted us to stop by the front desk on the way out to sign the receipt.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed at this Hotel/Casino three or four times over that last few years. The staff is excellent. The check in process is always smooth and they handle the baggage promptly and efficiantly. We took a room with two queens and non smoking. The room is good size and very clean. There are plenty of outlets for all your electronic needs. There is a bar in the room if you want it. The beds are comfortable and there is a work table adaquate for two. The price for our room was a little steep at $139.00 but it was around new years eve, so that may have something to do with it. I would recommend staying here when in the Tulsa area.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and negociate a price if possible
2  Thank Larry L
Reviewed December 20, 2012

We came in town to do business. Had a choice to stay at our usuals, Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn, but chose to stay here to try out. While we did not gamble, we did sign up for the loyalty card for benefits. We got some savings on the room, about 35% off and showed card at the bar and Toby Keith's restaurant. Bar has a large selection of brews on tap, plus a cool, very cool part of the bar that is frozen for you to set your drinks on IF you do. We wanted steaks and thought about the McGills on19, but we know from past visits that T. Keith's has hot, delicious, good portioned steaks and other food at a reasonable price. M 19 is beautiful and has great views, we would eat there if a special occasion, mostly because of the prices. Our standard king, non-smoking room was awesome: Beautiful, clean, smelled good, modern, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Love12Life
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I recently used a free room offer. The check in process was quick and uneventful. The rooms are very comfortable and the amenities were great. They have a inroom bar full cable tv{which is almost unheard of in a casino hotel}. I had a usa today at my door when I got up the next am. It was a lot more than I expected. GOOD JOB STAFF

1  Thank ricky b
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Lovely hotel with beautiful bathroom and lovely bedding. Very comfortable stay. I am not a gambler, but the displays in the casino of music artists belongings were fantastic. I attended a two day seminar, and the meeting rooms were very nice as well. Also, the staff I had dealings with were very accomodating and helpful.

1  Thank travrept
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catoosa
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa / Catoosa
The Mayo Hotel
The Mayo Hotel
#20 of 109 in Tulsa
Ambassador Hotel Tulsa, Autograph Collection

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa? Share your experiences!