“Camping tradition”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dallas, Texas
“Camping tradition”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We camp at Texoma at least twice a year and always include dinner at Windys after a day on the lake. We look forward to the homey-ness of it. The catfish, grilled and fried is always great! The green tomato relish is something to look forward to. We never have room for dessert but maybe next time.

Visited June 2013

Allen, Texas
“Pretty Good Fish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

If you're in the mood for a drive around Lake Texoma and want a good catfish meal, this is a good option. Windy's has a rustic but charming feel where the salad comes in cafe style plastic bowls and the dressing comes in one of those 3 compartment carousels. Catfish batter balances well with the filet. Service is typically very good.

• Visited May 2013
dallas, tx
“homecookin!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was born and raised in oklahoma on catfish and have had some of the best(my grandmothers) and the catfish at Windys is the best you can get since my grandmother passed!!! i currently live the suburbs of dallas and everytime my parents come my way thye stop in and bring me some!!! it is delicious hot or cold and yes you must have the green tomatoe relish!!!! will warn you the atmosphere is not the cleanest looking but who cares when the food is so freakin awesome!

• Visited March 2013
Irving, Texas
“Good Catfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Windy's Catfish has great food and is not overly priced. I like the relish tray they bring you and has a great atmosphere. It's worth the drive and enjoyable visit.

Sun City, Arizona
“Best catfish ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were camping nearby in Burns Run East and didn't want to cook in. After reading other reviews on Trip Advisor of this restaurant we wanted to try it out.

Server sat us quickly and was very attentive and friendly during our visit. After mentioning we were first time diner, the server pointed out that we could order off the child's selection on the back of the menu if we wanted a smaller portion. Sure glad she did as I was going to order a catfish sandwich but ordered the child's portion of catfish dinner which came with two fillets, fries and choice of salad or cole slaw (server said she made it herself that morning). Soon the server said since we were first timers she brought over a sample of the green tomato relish to try. OMG, it was soooo good, sweet yet tangy.

When dinner arrived I couldn't believe it was a child's portion because it was so large. The catfish was unlike any catfish I've ever tasted before. It was dredged in very fine cornmeal, was fried very crispy on the outside and moist meat on the inside. And NOT a bit of fishy taste or greasiness. I don't know what kind of oil they used for frying, but it was very different....it added a wonderful flavor! The fries were average, but that cole slaw was very creamy with the right combination of sweet and tang.

The menu offers a variety of seafood offerings, oysters, shrimp and even frog legs. They offered many combination of seafood to match any requests. Prices are reasonable for the great quality offered.

We would definitely recommend Windy's Catfish and wished we were not leaving the next day or I know we would have gone back for more. Highly recommend!!!

• Visited October 2012