“Nice atmosphere”

Cuisines: American
Enid, Oklahoma
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had burgers on all you can eat burger night. They were very good. There is a mechanical bull, but nobody was there running it. We were there on a weeknight, so, I would guess it runs on the weekends. They let me get on it to take a picture. Beer was cold, but a little pricey at $4.75 each.

Visited August 2013

Cedar Park TX
“Ribs Ok, service terrible”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I ate here while staying at the Choctaw Resort. We had seen good reviews about a place in Durant called Rib Crib and had planned on going there, but since this place was on-site and the Wednesday special was all you can eat ribs we decided to give it a shot. We walked in and the girl that should have been seating us was chatting with some guy. We stood there for a couple of minutes waiting, she finally stopped talking long enough to lead us over to a booth, plop down a couple of menus and tell us our waitress would be with us in a minute. She never smiled, never made eye contact, not a "how you doing" , nothing. I got the impression we had interrupted her conversation with her buddy. Ten minutes went by after we were seated, no waitress. My wife saw a guy that appeared to be the night manager, so she started giving him her "I'm getting frustrated and I'm about to leave" look and after about 5 more minutes he came by and said someone would be right with us. Now, this was on a Wednesday night, the place wasn't busy at all, and there were a couple of waitresses just standing around looking like they were more interested in chatting than working. When the waitress finally came over, I again got the impression she would rather be doing anything else besides helping us get something to eat. She looked like she was about 16. Now I understand that sex sells, and all the waitresses looked nice in there cutoff jeans and boots. But I would rather have a middle aged lady with a pleasant attitude rather than a kid that looks nice but is more interested in chatting than waiting tables. I realize they don't make much money but would it kill them to at least smile and not act like you're bothering them? After the manager (I guess) said something to her the service for the rest of the meal was adequate. Not fast, but adequate. The only girl that was pleasant was the one who brought us our food (not the same one who took our order). The ribs and fries were good, no complaint with the food at all. Next time we stay at Choctaw, if we want BBQ we'll go try Rib Crib. I would have given this place 4 stars instead of 2 if the service was better.

A side note: we noticed that other people being seated, for the most part, were having a waitress show up at their table within just a couple of minutes. So maybe it was just our waitress? Don't know. Just writing this based on our experience that night.

• Visited September 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Friendly bar tenders/ICE COLD Shinner Beer”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had a great time on a Monday night at Gilleys inside Choctaw Resort, very friendly staff and Ice Cold beer

Visited August 2013

Been to Gilley's Saloon? Share your experiences!