“Convenient, but nothing special”

Charles Wesley Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Broken Bow
Texas
“Convenient, but nothing special”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We stayed at this hotel because the cabins at Beavers Bend were booked. The kids had fun in the pool. The rooms are not nice at all. I would only recommend this for someone who just needs a place to sleep. It is an ok place to stay, if you are mainly going to spend your time at beavers bend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank mon25b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2010

We stayed only one night we checked in and as soon as we got in the room from unloading the truck the phone rang in the room and they was complaining at the front desk that our children who had JUST walked in the door of the freaking room was being too loud and walking to hard!! When asked if they had a down stairs room I was told they did not and that we would have to stay in the room we was in . I would NOT recommend this motel to ANYONE!! If someone was gonna stay there it would be best not to have small children. People was at the pool drinking most of the day and out on the balconys being loud and drinking most of the night however my 5 year old had to sit still in the room out of fear she may walk to hard

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank wildtexasangel

Travelers are raving about these Broken Bow hotels

texas
Reviewed November 18, 2009

i stay one to two days a week. the motel is always clean. the rooms have been painted and the beds our comfortable. the tv works. the wireless intenet has been a plus i do my business on line. i have never had any problems the the staff jay and pina have been very good to me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
oklahoma
Reviewed November 4, 2009

So a quick background: my wife grew up in Broken Bow and her parents live in a small town right outside of Broken Bow. Her house isn't quite big enough when the family is back in town so we were forced to look for a hotel room for the night.

We chose the CW Motor Lodge because they were the cheapest, but even at that it was a huge waste of money. We never actually stayed the night there because: cigarette burns on comforter, no chain and/or deadbolt locks, ridiculous and false accusations just to eavesdrop on you, smelly and dirty rooms, and most importantly-rudeness. They clearly don't trust their customers which gives no reason why a customer should trust them and the room itself. They also do NOT allow any visitors unless you pay for them to stay the night with you.

We stayed a total of 20 mins before we realized we didn't want to stay the night there. We packed up our stuff and headed to the office to checkout and get a refund. The final straw on this whole experience was the lack of any kind of refund. The owner refused to give any money back. Luckily we used a credit card and can dispute the charge. This is one business I hope goes under and soon.

We will be contacting the BBB about this place.

You would be better advised to stay in a ditch on the side of the road or sleep in your car.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank avtwvioc
Gun Barrel City, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I enjoyed my stay & only gave it an 'average' on the rating scale ONLY because it IS a very old motel, not because of any real problems.
I was here the weekend of the 25th - 27th of September with a large motorcycle group from Texas. I believe there were about 52 or 54 of us staying in the motel. The desk staff was SUPER and friendly ( I have no idea what kind of rude person posted that they 'didnt speak their language' and made comments about them eating dogs. They were not of original American descent but spoke American perfectly ! ) The motel has been around for many years and the owners are making lots of renovations & redecorating as they can. The rooms had fresh paint, new bathroom countertops & sinks, and new ceramic tile on the floor. The microwave & fridge were a nice touch & we definately used the fridge. Our TV worked perfectly but I did overhear one person in our group say they couldnt get HBO. Most of us still agreed that we didnt spend enough time in the rooms to worry about it. The main complaint was that there were no coffee makers in the room, but the lobby offered coffee if you wanted to walk down & get it. The website stated there were hair dryers in each room & some of the women didnt bring their own because of it - yet found there were none when they arrived.
There was free Wi-Fi in the room and I had no trouble accessing it.
I too, felt a spongy bottom under my bathtub, but it didnt affect my bath or shower. I think the motel will need to look into it eventually or they will have problems there.
With the exception of one waste basket that had not been dumped out when we arrived, we found our room fine. The sheets were clean & smelled fresh. The carpet was older but clean ( I wore white socks & they stayed white ! ) And we had plenty of clean towels. The bed was firm in our room and I really liked the pillows. I had no trouble sleeping here. The ice & vending machines were stocked & working.
Since it was fall only one person in our group used the pool but we all gathered around the area in the evenings to visit & hang out. The pool and the whole area was clean & there were lots of chairs & some tables for us.
And once again, I cant say enough about how accomodating the hotel staff was. I hope they dont mind having US back next time.
The price was excellent for traveling or for anyone on a budget. If you want a fancier hotel, you can find one. But if you just need a good comfortable room, the Charles Wesley should work.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolDEnnis
South
Reviewed July 14, 2009

Where do I start. Carpet was sticky, bed sheets were fithy. I could feel water sloshing around "under" the bathtub. Originally planned on two night stay, but kept getting bothered by motel staff claiming I didn't pay for 2nd night, I think. (I don't speak the language so I'm not sure what she was saying, but I know she was RUDE!) I would not let my dog stay in the Charles Wesley. He would probably end up on some ones dinner plate! If you must stay there, sleep with your gun, bring your own TV, Remote, Satellite, Microwave, and front door, because none of these work here.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank Pgatour22
OUarchy
Reviewed May 11, 2009

I have stayed at the Charles Wesley on business trips for several weeks this spring. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and you get a basic clean room at a very reasonable price, complete with a refrigerator and microwave. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great deal on a hotel room.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
#1 of 5 in Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
#2 of 5 in Idabel

Been to Charles Wesley Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!