“Our favorite vacation !”

Hochatown Country Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Broken Bow
Texarkana, Arkansas
“Our favorite vacation !”
Reviewed September 7, 2011

This was the first vacation that I did not have to rush for once. This place was so peaceful and quite . One of the owners was working late folding clothes and I asked her for directions to a certain place and she stopped what she was doing and went to her computer and printed me out directions. They were all very nice people that went above and beyond. The continental breakfast was the best with all you can eat big yummy waffles and so much more. We all liked this vacation better than our Disney World vacation.. My twins say they want to come back every summer. They especially loved the go carts right next to the lodge. We want to try their cabins next. Cant wait!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 98vettegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The lodge is directly across the highway from Beavers Bend State Park which was our destination for fly fishing, hiking and enjoying the beautiful outdoors. We arrived early and the staff allowed us to check into our rooms that were already cleaned. They have a nice pavillion for cooking out and eating. They even provided us with a propane cooker to cook our food on... that really was accommodating.
Our rooms were very clean and had comfortable bedding.
There was a convenience store next door and a few restaurants just a mile or so up the highway. There also was a go-cart track next door that was quite popular with the kids and adults alike.
They offered a continental breakfast in a rustic dining area. They had a waffle iron, cereal, fruits, yogurt, pastries, coffee, tea, fruit juices and more. The room was rustic and had large windows looking out on the pavillion and pool.
I would definitely recommend this lodge and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MareWare
Afton, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2011

you"ll really enjoy your stay! in the cabins you have a full kitchen , bedroom ,and restroom, dtv with flat screen all movie channels HBO ect...

Room Tip: ask for cabin rates, full kitchen for cooking all that fish you'll be catchin
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank tom e
Atoka
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My four grandsons from Texas came to visit me and I booked a night at the Lodge with them. We had such a good time. There were folks cooking on the grills, there were folks
sitting on the porches in rocking chairs visiting, kids swimming and kids playing basketball. It is such a nice atmosphere there, makes you feel relaxed and at home. We
were close to Beavers Bend Park, shopping and restaurants. We had a great time and my little guys said,Gram we have got to do this again.

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet and clean.
2 Thank Geneva B
Paris
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a great place to stay. A log cabin get away that was very clean, the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accomadating. The rooms are a nice size and the grounds are clean as well. We will never stay any place else when we come to Broken Bow. Again, an awesome place to stay!

OK
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was in the area on military orders and had been quoted the reduced military rate when I booked the room a month in advance. I saw no vacancy when i got there and thought it must be a nice place to stay. Just before the owner, Henry, swiped my travel card he told me the price which was the regular rate. I told him I had been quoted the military rate when I booked the room a month before and he basically told me I hadn't. He asked me who had quoted me the rate and told him I didn't recall off hand but had the name written down in my vehicle. A female walked in from the back and inquired what was going on. She looked at my travel card and told me this wasn' t even a government travel card and told me the cards have "photo ID's on them." Being in the thirteenth year of my military career I'm certain I know what a government travel card looks like.

I informed her I could provide my ID card and a copy of my orders if she would like and then went to my vehicle to get the orders and name of the employee I spoke to previously. When I returned and told them the name of the employee they looked at each other and one said, "she would know better than to do that." Feeling that my integrity was being questioned all throughout this encounter I asked what they were accusing me of. Henry then told me he had someone on hold willing to pay the regular rate for my room and I could either pay the regular rate or basically forfeit my room. So just before midnight I was sent out to find another place to stay. These are the simple facts of what occurred relating to the service and I cannot give my opinion on any other detail or category. I'm not out on attack and don't think that just because I'm military I deserve special priveleges because when it comes down to it the government is paying for the stay, not me (which is why they put a cap on how much the military rate is). These are the simple facts of what occurred relating to the service and I cannot give my opinion on any other detail or category. The fact that someone else would do this to another person late at night to make a few extra bucks is disheartening...bad economy or not.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
11 Thank The_Facts1555
asdhdd, Owner at Hochatown Country Lodge, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
This is the third time this person has came back on here and has a different story everytime. What he is saying is simply a ball faced lie. My father fought in War World Two and my brother was in the military, I have other kin-folk and uncles in the military. I thank God for the military because that is why we are free today. This man came in on the 4th of July weekend telling my wife he was here @ the lake on the 4th of July on Military business, she asked did his supervisor call and make reservations, this is the way it always done. We honor govenrment rates and military rates. He responded he was here @ the lake on the 4th of July on a secret mission and said he was quoted a rate that is even cheaper than the current government rate. He had not called in advance. If you will read his comment you will notice he said he looked and said he seen a sign that said no vacancy. If you have reservations you wouldn't even look to see if there was vacancy or no vacancy. You come in tell us your name we look on the computer, your name is there and we know what room you are going to. This man is not only a liar but taking advantage if he is even in the military of government discounts. Judge this one for yourself. I hope he reads this his self and looks around and realizes that his friends and family knows what he is and how he really is. I hope he shuts up and goes away.
Garland, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been vacationing in Broken Bow for 20 years and had always stayed in the luxury cabins with a large group of people. (still love those too!) This past weekend my family needed a small place for just our family and found a treasure at Hochatown Country Lodge!!! We were exhausted when we got in at midnight and were greeted with the most wonderful staff. The rooms were spotless and the entire environment was like being part of a family. We had some unexpected events occur in our own schedule and Henry and Amy, the owners went far out of their way to accomodate our needs! My only complaint is that I had to leave this place! Thanks Amy, Henry, the kids, and Roxie for a wonderful stay! We will be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Broken Bow
#6 of 6 in Broken Bow
Super 8 Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
#2 of 5 in Idabel

Been to Hochatown Country Lodge? Share your experiences!