“They didn't honor quoted rate”

Hochatown Country Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Broken Bow
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was in the area on military orders and had been quoted the reduced military rate when I booked the room a month in advance. I saw no vacancy when i got there and thought it must be a nice place to stay. Just before the owner, Henry, swiped my travel card he told me the price which was the regular rate. I told him I had been quoted the military rate when I booked the room a month before and he basically told me I hadn't. He asked me who had quoted me the rate and told him I didn't recall off hand but had the name written down in my vehicle. A female walked in from the back and inquired what was going on. She looked at my travel card and told me this wasn' t even a government travel card and told me the cards have "photo ID's on them." Being in the thirteenth year of my military career I'm certain I know what a government travel card looks like.

I informed her I could provide my ID card and a copy of my orders if she would like and then went to my vehicle to get the orders and name of the employee I spoke to previously. When I returned and told them the name of the employee they looked at each other and one said, "she would know better than to do that." Feeling that my integrity was being questioned all throughout this encounter I asked what they were accusing me of. Henry then told me he had someone on hold willing to pay the regular rate for my room and I could either pay the regular rate or basically forfeit my room. So just before midnight I was sent out to find another place to stay. These are the simple facts of what occurred relating to the service and I cannot give my opinion on any other detail or category. I'm not out on attack and don't think that just because I'm military I deserve special priveleges because when it comes down to it the government is paying for the stay, not me (which is why they put a cap on how much the military rate is). These are the simple facts of what occurred relating to the service and I cannot give my opinion on any other detail or category. The fact that someone else would do this to another person late at night to make a few extra bucks is disheartening...bad economy or not.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
11  Thank The_Facts1555
asdhdd, Owner at Hochatown Country Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

This is the third time this person has came back on here and has a different story everytime. What he is saying is simply a ball faced lie. My father fought in War World Two and my brother was in the military, I have other kin-folk and uncles in the military. I thank God for the military because that is why we are free today. This man came in on the 4th of July weekend telling my wife he was here @ the lake on the 4th of July on Military business, she asked did his supervisor call and make reservations, this is the way it always done. We honor govenrment rates and military rates. He responded he was here @ the lake on the 4th of July on a secret mission and said he was quoted a rate that is even cheaper than the current government rate. He had not called in advance. If you will read his comment you will notice he said he looked and said he seen a sign that said no vacancy. If you have reservations you wouldn't even look to see if there was vacancy or no vacancy. You come in tell us your name we look on the computer, your name is there and we know what room you are going to. This man is not only a liar but taking advantage if he is even in the military of government discounts. Judge this one for yourself. I hope he reads this his self and looks around and realizes that his friends and family knows what he is and how he really is. I hope he shuts up and goes away.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been vacationing in Broken Bow for 20 years and had always stayed in the luxury cabins with a large group of people. (still love those too!) This past weekend my family needed a small place for just our family and found a treasure at Hochatown Country Lodge!!! We were exhausted when we got in at midnight and were greeted with the most wonderful staff. The rooms were spotless and the entire environment was like being part of a family. We had some unexpected events occur in our own schedule and Henry and Amy, the owners went far out of their way to accomodate our needs! My only complaint is that I had to leave this place! Thanks Amy, Henry, the kids, and Roxie for a wonderful stay! We will be back.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

The room was clean and had everything to make lake life easy.The staff was like family but professonal.Pool was a little small but clean.We loved it was walking distance to a c-store,gift shop and other shopping.We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay here. The atmosphere was very comfortable and the staff was very accommodating. I travel with my father who is handicap and we always have trouble finding places that he can get around easily. The bathrooms worked perfect for him and the bed was low enough to for him to get in and out of on his own. The deck allowed him to go indoors and outdoors easily providing a wraparound porch kind of feel. The outdoor pavilion made it nice for our large group to hangout with each other. They have grills for outdoor cooking and small refrigerators in every room. I have a government discount that was applied with no problems. If I ever travel that direction again I would be delighted to stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

The place was clean, perfect setting for a outdoor weekend and had things to do in the evening close by. The people were friendly and accommodating. They went out of their way to fulfill any request we made. We enjoyed the outdoor pavilion to play games in the evening while the youngest swam in the nearby pool. They will remain on our list of places to stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2011

At check-in the offce was friendly and accommodating since only part of our group arrived at first. They let us check in and wait while the rest of our party did not arrive until that evening. They let us wait till everyone arrived to split the cost and did not require a deposit up front. They were quick to resolve any issues we had (only one when the fridge in the room started defrosting). The room was clean and comfortable. The rooms were clearly labeled nonsmoking and there was no evidence otherwise. The breakfast offered was great. My son loved making his own waffles. We swam in the swimming pool and chilled on the patio. At check-out they were even more accommodating letting us checkout late with no fees after our kayaking trip took longer than expected. I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and will definately stay again.
We went next door and rode go-carts. It was really close to everything we wanted to do.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Hochatown Lodge is a great place to stay. It is just across the Highway from the states greatest lake. If you are looking for a great place to stay near the lake you should try Lodge Hochatown Lodge. I found the staff very friendly and committed to making my stay safe and enjoyable. The rooms are really clean and spacious. This is a great value and I will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011
#4 of 6 in Broken Bow
Super 8 Idabel
Super 8 Idabel
#2 of 4 in Idabel

Been to Hochatown Country Lodge? Share your experiences!