“Not so great atmoshere”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Pier 49 Catfish Restaurant
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food is average and the atmosphere is below average. The place needs to be updated and cleaned. Been there for dinner and breakfast. Average at best. Wish I could recommend but I cannot.C-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1  Thank luv2scuba25

Reviewed May 15, 2012

First off, we had dinner there in May of 2011 so they could be different today, I dunno yet. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but this was our personal experience. Sure the place is a little rustic, didn't mind that at all. Our table was clean. HOWEVER, the fried fish we had (all four of us) was tough and chewy, pretty sure it was cooked the day before and reheated. We went in for an early dinner so maybe we got leftovers? The oysters were hard as rocks. We joked about throwing them at the cook, lol. Like I said, we will try them again and come back and re-review. Be careful Pier 49, you will see us again...... very soon.

3  Thank Diana H
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Tables were not clean, we had to move from table to table in order to find a table that was half way clean. Finally settled on a table that was not as sticky as the others. I ordered a chicken fried steak and when it arrived I had to take a paper towel to soak up the grease under the steak. Then it was very hard finding the steak. It was cooked entirely too much. ( There was more grease than steak). The waitress asked if everything was alright and when I told her about the steak (grease and being over cooked) she said she would go and ask Randall if there was anything that could be done. She came back and told me he would take 10% off. If you want to keep your business then you offer to give the meal to them for free . I will not be back.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Jack Daniels burger was the best I have ever had. Onion rings were very good. Can't wait to get back and try the JD ribs. Owner should consider selling his bbq sauce. Get rid of the flies and you have a winner.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Restaurant was very casual, and service was a little off. However, we got a good family meal at a decent price. This is a small town restaurant, and it isn't fancy. We weren't expecting anything else, so our experience was fine with no big issues.