“Bad experience the first time, but would give them another try”
Review of Pier 49 Catfish Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pier 49 Catfish Restaurant
Reviewed May 15, 2012

First off, we had dinner there in May of 2011 so they could be different today, I dunno yet. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but this was our personal experience. Sure the place is a little rustic, didn't mind that at all. Our table was clean. HOWEVER, the fried fish we had (all four of us) was tough and chewy, pretty sure it was cooked the day before and reheated. We went in for an early dinner so maybe we got leftovers? The oysters were hard as rocks. We joked about throwing them at the cook, lol. Like I said, we will try them again and come back and re-review. Be careful Pier 49, you will see us again...... very soon.

3  Thank Diana H

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Tables were not clean, we had to move from table to table in order to find a table that was half way clean. Finally settled on a table that was not as sticky as the others. I ordered a chicken fried steak and when it arrived I had to take a paper towel to soak up the grease under the steak. Then it was very hard finding the steak. It was cooked entirely too much. ( There was more grease than steak). The waitress asked if everything was alright and when I told her about the steak (grease and being over cooked) she said she would go and ask Randall if there was anything that could be done. She came back and told me he would take 10% off. If you want to keep your business then you offer to give the meal to them for free . I will not be back.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Jack Daniels burger was the best I have ever had. Onion rings were very good. Can't wait to get back and try the JD ribs. Owner should consider selling his bbq sauce. Get rid of the flies and you have a winner.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Restaurant was very casual, and service was a little off. However, we got a good family meal at a decent price. This is a small town restaurant, and it isn't fancy. We weren't expecting anything else, so our experience was fine with no big issues.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

A GOOD review is VERY important for a small business. Business owners work VERY hard to bring their customers something that will please them and cause them to come back. I don't know ANY hard-working business owner who is wanting to drive customers and clients away. Some of these BAD REVIEWS I read are from people who I think just get a kick out of the power they have to cause damage to another. ONE BAD REVIEW can cause a land-slide and devastate a small business. Let me say this. "I LOVE BROKEN BOW, OKLAHOMA!" People there are KIND - HARD WORKING and the small business owners work hard and sacrifice a great deal to give their communities visitors the best they have to offer. Are they perfect? "NO" but what they offer is unique and given only to please and satisfy.

I have eaten in this place, and it was a good experience. Some things I like better then others, that's why there is chocolate and vanilla. Would I BLAST this small business for the cause of turning people away from it? "ABSOLUTELY NO!" I recommend that every person visiting Broken Bow, Oklahoma eat at Pier 49 Catfish Restaurant while they are there. Go across the street one meal and eat at the Oaks Steak House; foods GREAT! You got go to Vinnies and Grateful Head, and Romas too. They are ALL good people and try to please their customers. Then say something nice and supportive in a REVIEW. The cabin you stayed at and the shopping places you shopped at, as well as the lake you visit and attractions you went to. Please don't come in to Broken Bow and spend time with these people, and then leave a "BAD REPORT" instead of a grateful "Thank You for sharing your special town with me!"

1  Thank iagapeu