“Awesome desserts”

Description: HWY 259 North, across from Abendigo's
Texas
“Awesome desserts”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been there on 2 separate occasions and each time tried the desserts. The Italian Cream Cake and Hummingbird Cake is the best I have ever eaten.

“With no other option...”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We're staying in a local cabin and wanted some coffee and breakfast. It was packed!! I think it's the only local restaurant that serves breakfast. I was disappointed that they only had the powder coffee cream. Gross. Not a lot of breakfast selection. My husband ordered a western omelet and said it was incredibly greasy. My son had a pancake that I tasted and was pretty yummy. I had the ham and eggs and was average. The staff did their best and kept a smile. That was appreciated. I guess it was fine given there was zero other options.

Glenn Heights
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The catfish batter was flavorless. The fries tasted old. The salad was surprisingly good but sadly, that and the cole slaw was the best part of the meal. The ONE poor waitress was running around like a chicken with her head cut off and sure needed help. My kids had fried shrimp and were happy. The place also has burgers that we didn't try. I wouldn't chance another visit. Too expensive to be disappointed again.

Visited December 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Food was fair, service was sub-par”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

On vacation in Broken Bow from Dallas and ate here for lunch. As others have commented, the staff is not friendly and could care less if you eat here or not. My burger patty was not fresh, tasted like a frozen store-bought patty. My onion rings were hand-breaded and delicious. My husband ordered a chicken caesar salad, and it was fair. Service was very slow and we waited about 30 minutes for the food to arrive and the waitress never once checked on us.....Our waitress was a young brunette and not friendly. She never brought our check and when I went up to the counter to pay, she just stared at me like she was trying to figure out why I did not have a ticket. She walked away and brought back my check. She never smiled at me once and did not thank us for dining at Steven's Gap. Also, cash only at this place.

• Visited November 2013
El Dorado, Arkansas
“Fair”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The food was alright, but nothing to really write home about. It was nice just to travel to Hochatown and eat at something different, but nothing at the restaurant really stood out as something great. The service was nice.

Visited March 2013