“Nice, peaceful and inexpensive getaway.”
Review of Lakeview Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Broken Bow
Lakeview Lodge
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Broken Bow
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed at the Lakeview Lodge during a 3-day trip (Sunday-Tuesday) trip to Broken Bow state park. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Since my trip was in the low-season, I did not have any problems regarding noise from the adjacent rooms but I can see how it can be a problem if you stay during high-season and the rooms adjacent to yours are booked.

I think that in general, you may have a slightly better view of the lake if you get a balcony instead of a patio view but in general, all rooms have a wonderful view of the lake. You can probably notice this by looking at the map but I think it is important to mention that the lake is on the east side so you will not be seeing susets over the lake but, if you are a morning person, the sunrise is just as beautiful. Continental breakfast is available starting 6am and the dinning room deck has the best, unobstructed view of the lake so it was wonderful that the sky cleared up enough for me to enjoy breakfast while watching the sunrise over the lake.

The continental breakfast consisted of cereal, hot coffe, juice, milk, bagels, croissants, and muffins that are prepared daily and kept in the refrigerator for you to microwave. If you are looking for freshly made eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes you are probably going to be disappointed. Note that there is no restaurant on-site.

There is a 5 mile hiking trail across the lodge, it is divided in 3 'loops' with increasing degree of difficulty in terms of the type of terrain they cross. I hiked the beginners trail (about half a mile) and it was a nice walk that took me about 20mins in a slow, not-rushy pace. There is also a boat just downhill from the lodge entrance and I even saw some people swimming in the lake near the shore in the same area.

The Beavers Bend State Park is a short drive away. There is a lot of activities at the park (fishing, boating, canoeing, swimming, hiking) and they even have a tennis court in the park to play some points or perfect your serve surrounded by big trees and fresh air :)

If you are looking for a nice and peaceful getaway I do recommend the Lakeview Lodge. It is a great value for the money.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony would probably give you a slightly better view of the lake.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Luis S

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I really like this place and have stayed there mutliple times. The only thing keeping it from being a 5 star is lack of on-site restaurant. There is a boat ramp at the bottom of a slight hill so a good place to boat.

Room Tip: Bottom floor has patios from which you can walk out.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OkArtist2be
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Had a two night stay on the 27TH JULY 2012. Two adults & two kids .Good value for money.Staff are very friendly and helpfull.The Lakeview lodge is set in a perfect spot. The lodge has a decent breakfast. There is cereal, sausage biscuits or croissants, yogurt,juice, milk,& coffee. There is a great room set up with a spectacular view where anyone can watch tv or just hang out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank John_Byrne842192
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Lakeview lodge is set in a perfect spot. The lodge has a decent breakfast. There is cereal, sausage biscuits or croissants, yogurt,juice, milk,& coffee. There is a great room set up with a spectacular view where anyone can watch tv or just hang out. A nice balcony offers a beautiful lake view or you can watch the deer(there are always deer). The rooms are decent. We stayed in a regular room. The beds are only doubles and not that comfortable, although I have slept on much worse. Our tv was only about a 24 inch. All of the rooms face the lake though and it's just beautiful. The staff was friendly 100% of the time. We needed some aluminum foil and they were super helpful with this. There is a playground and a trail right by the lodge. There is nothing else by the lodge (except of course the lake) so bring your ice chests or snacks unless you want to drive into town a little ways. We were disappointed there was no restaurant on the lake. Otherwise a super great place to stay.

Room Tip: The Suites are on the ends. The walls are kind of thin. We could hear the television in the room nex...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank lovetheshire
Reviewed June 25, 2012

As others have said, the views from each room are impressive. Each room overlooks the lake and surrounding mountains. And each time I have been there, the lawn below the lodge is full of deer feeding on the grass. Quite a relaxing vista. The rooms are clean but not plush. What one would expect from a state run facility. But to me, clean trumps plush, so I was pleased. Lake view Lodge is a nice getaway for a quiet and peaceful weekend.

Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank glhenry
Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

The person who wrote the review on 4/1/12 is right on the money w her review. What I do not like is that they hike up their prices for weekend stays (fri-sun). I understand the 2-nt min on wknd but price hike is stupid. We asked for extra pillows and the nice man provided them to us. Also we got a 15% discount/credit when he realized our party included my grandma who is over the 62 (or was it 65?) age discount. On a positive note, I'd also like to add that there were two large groups staying while we were there (one being a college club) and while they were really loud in the banquet hall/dining room, I cld not hear them at all either in our room or even out on our spacious deck/balcony.
I came here for a girl trip w my mom and grandma, so ages 27-75 enjoyed this place! We brought a bottle of wine up from Girls Gone Wine (see review) on the deck that night and that's how we enjoyed our time :)

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank FabulousX10
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed at the Lakeview Lodge March 13 & 14 with my husband and 10 year old daughter. All rooms have a beautiful view of the lake. Room was very clean and comforable. Time period was during Texas spring break, so area activities were busier than expected. Free continental breakfast included standard items: yogurt, coffee, cereal, danish, sausage/bisquit you could heat in the provided microwave. Several built-in charcoal grills with picnic tables in back of lodge so many families cooked out in the evening, made s'mores, etc. Nice family atmosphere. We did see a few deer at a distance but lodge was fully booked so they weren't obvious. Room patio had two chairs and a small table. There is a larger lodge deck with bigger tables and more chairs if you want to bring food back and gather to eat outside with your family. Overall great experience, and we would go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Broken Bow
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#4 of 6 in Broken Bow

Been to Lakeview Lodge? Share your experiences!