All reviews grateful head pizza hot tub joe bear cabin
Selected filters
Reviewed May 10, 2015

This was a great, little cabin. Quiet area and the accommodations were excellent! Had everything we needed. Clean and wonderful hot tub. No wifi in this cabin, but it was a nice break. Will definitely be looking into the other cabins offered with Hickory Hill Cabins.

Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank Diana C
Reviewed May 6, 2015

The Serenity cabin is WAY, WAY better than anything we expected! Everything is so clean and well maintained and the attention to detail is commendable. There is even coffee and filters, which to me is more important than air!
We did NOT want to leave, and we are already planning a return trip!

Room tip: The only reason I rated location 4 instead of 5, is because there is not a lake or river view from the cabin. But I would expect to pay dearly for that anyway. The cabin is surrounded by beautiful trees in a quiet serene lot, and given the proximity to everything, I won't even bother looking elsewhere.
Date of stay: May 2015
Reviewed February 2, 2015

Just what the doctor ordered! Walk to the best pizza in the world, girls gone wine, and short drive to Broken Bow...was the season for the hot tub and the cabin was perfect! Clean and tidy...didn't want to leave! Would love to live there!

Room tip: Perfect for 2-4 people. Kitchen with everything you need to cook with, fire pit and charcoal grill. I can't wait to stay during the summer! Longer stay to play some golf and enjoy the lake
Date of stay: January 2015
3  Thank Stacy0125
Reviewed February 2, 2015

We came primarily to fish. We needed a place to lay our heads. The hot tub was a great plus, as was the fire pit supplied with wood. The kitchen was adequate for our stay. The cabin was furnished nicely. Everything was clean and ready when we arrived. We stayed in the 'Fish Camp'. The owners worked with us on price, since we weren't able to stay the full 2nd night. I would definitely call and visit with them. Nice people!

Room tip: If you're going to be spending more time out doors than in, this is definitely a place to check out!! The pizza place does have lout music on the weekends, but they seem to shut down early enough.
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2014

We stayed with two kids for two nights in Wilderness Den. Kids had a great time in hot tub. Best thing for us to do specially since the weather was cloudy that day and marina was closed. They kept asking for more even after we left.
For Adults, I think there are several things that should be considered for upgrades in this property. To start with, WIFI is a must nowadays. After a long day of hiking or boating, we wanted to relax, check our emails, FB etc, but we couldn't since there was no WIFI and Cell phone reception wasn't good either. (Btw, their website still says that they do have Wifi).
Another improvement area is quality of beds. I think beds were not of good quality and someone else also had mentioned in review. There were few other small things, but those didn't bother us since we stayed for 2 days only, but these two things for sure we were not expecting to experience.
Overall, I think the property is good, located next to eating places, 10 drive to Marina, 15 min to Train Ride, Horse Riding. Next time, I'll take a campsite because that is the way to stay at place like broken Bow.

Date of stay: October 2014