“Homewood Suites”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Broken Arrow
South Elgin, United States
“Homewood Suites”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I have never had a bad stay at Homewood Suites. The staff at the Tulsa Homewood Suites is excellent. The food is good. I like having a kitchen and a refrigerator and dishwasher. The make you feel so comfortable there, that you hat to leave.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Great place to stay if you travel in the area for the week. The staff is wonderful and the location is close to all major resturants, shopping, and the interstate. It features all the comforts of home while you are away from home. The property is very well maintained and feels like it just opened.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Orlando, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Choose this hotel based on the location and that fact they had Kitchen since I would be working in town for 22 days. I can not say enough about the staff and the personal service they provided. My room was a suite and had enough room that made you not feel like you were trapped in a room. A nice breakfast is provided every morning and a managers reception (full dinner iwth beer and wine) provided Monday -Thurs.. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Leesville, South Carolina
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Typical Homewood suites. Good service. Helpful desk. I love the location because you can walk 200 feet to the Fox and Hound, which has fantastic food, super TV's, great service and about 100 or more beers to choose from. I stay here for business several times a year, as my customer lives very nearby and loves the Fox and Hound.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great service and cleanliness, the rooms were very nice and updated. The breakfast bar was better than most but still lacking in quality for the price of the hotel room. Tasted like powdered eggs and soybean sausage.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Worst Extended Stay of my life, GM should be fired

I pride myself on being an honest, accurate and levelheaded reviewer. Stuff happens, granted, but when there are occasions when things can be rectified and they aren’t then a reviewer should be brutally honest. This is one of those times. Almost always try to be positive. Unfortunately, not this go round. Was going to be in Tulsa for 10 days/9 nights. Always try and use a Hilton property because they stand for something. Homewood Suites advertise a good breakfast, a light snack (which is closer to a full meal) in the evenings M-Thur with beer (keg) and wine. The accommodations are two room suites with a separate bedroom, living room with a kitchenette featuring a full size refr, micro, dishwasher and cooktop. Very helpful because I don't like to dine out every night and the refr will keep some beverages, fruit and cold cuts. Have stayed at Homewood properties for years and never a problem, until the stay from HELL. We are easy keepers, normally don't need the bedding changed, do our dishes, etc. Which makes housekeeping's checking off our room very easy. The only thing we request normally are fresh towels daily. We were at a horse show competition and one gets dirty and you would like to be able to take a shower and use a clean towel daily. So we check in and check in goes okay. Go to the room and it seems okay. Next day go to horse show come back and room not made up. Now we leave the room everyday anywhere from 8 am to 10 am and are gone 7 or 8 hours; so you would assume that housekeeping would have time to make up the room. So 10 hours after we left, we finally called for some towels. They were brought in about 30 minutes and we were told that the person working our floor had to go somewhere and didn't do our room. Okay, not rocket science, but if a worker who is assigned to a job has to leave, doesn't someone either step up or someone is assigned to do their job in the absence. Guess not. Got worse, next two days, not housekeeping at all. Went to the front desk to voice my disappointment and was asked by the clerk if I would like the room made up at that time. Said, “Damn straight”. Guess what, never made up the room. In the mean time I had to go to the hot tub area to take towels from there. Ever used towels kept in a high chlorine area? Smelled just great. Next day had housekeeping but didn’t leave enough towels, I guess because we had hot tub towels. Had another day of no housekeeping later. Had an issue with maintenance, they tried to fix out faulty sink stopper with a zip tie, rather than the proper sink u-shaped “flange. Homewood suites offer breakfast and a light snack in the evening from 5-7pm complete with beer and wine. One night they ran out of food at 6:30 and turned the lights out on I don’t know how many people. Poor planning I would think. The food overall was average to mediocre both morning and night.

While we are on the topic, let’s talk cleaning. I watched the same dead spider in the bathroom for five consecutive days lay there. Kind of hard when cleaning a room to miss a quarter sized dead thing. Until we talked to the Head of Housekeeping nothing was done. She came up and inspected the room and thought it was atrocious. She had it cleaned immediately. She is the only one who did anything.

Requested of the front desk to speak with the manager on Wed of my stay. Was told he was out of the hotel. Provided my cell phone number, (they had my room number) and was told I would be contacted. No contact. Was told on Saturday that the manager had attempted to contact me twice and I didn’t answer. For those of you following this drama…no message was left on my room phone. Those with cell phones know that if you call someone and they don’t pick up it goes as a missed call. There were none, nada, zip on my phone. Get this, I get home four days later and there is a message on my home phone, which I provided to no one from the manager asking me to call. This was on Wed, the same day I complained. This seems very convenient to say the least, if one wants to tell superiors a contact was made and there was no response.

Called Hilton on Sunday of my checkout to start a complaint file. Was told by a Hilton supervisor to remain on the line while she called the hotel. Told her I felt more comfortable with her calling me back in my room and she agreed to do that. I am writing this five days later and still haven’t heard from Hilton. So called Hilton today. Was told that housekeeping never made up the room because I always had a do not disturb sign on it according to the manager. The general manager is a bald faced liar lying to cover his buttocks or has lying employees. Either one is unacceptable and reflects horribly on the hotel and management.

Upshot, on my bill I was comped one free night. Not enough as far as I am concerned for 5-6 nights of a 9 night stay that was completely avoidable if someone had done their job. We aren’t done yet. Homewood Suites has a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Obviously, it is a fraud also, but we will see where this ends up. I don’t know if I will ever stay at a Hilton Property again.

Room Tip: Do what you want, but I would choose a room at a different hotel. Some people have had great experi...