“True Home Away from Home for My Family of 5”

Homewood Suites Tulsa - South
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Because our insurance was paying for our stay, Homewood Suites was chosen for us. I am so glad they did!
I want you to know how grateful my family was to be placed in your Homewood Suites for about 2 weeks after our home burned recently. It wasn't the ideal way to come about staying at your hotel, but the comforts your hotel provided in those first 2 weeks after a life altering experience for my family of 5 made a bad experience bearable.  I was comforted in knowing my family's basic needs were being met and exceeded in a such a comfortable, gracious way. We had a nice roomy area for my children to play, and extremely nice sleeping accommodations. The kitchen area was perfect for us to keep snacks, drinks and items for the kids' school lunches. We were appreciative of the complimentary breakfast that was always tasty. Mistie always greeted us with a genuine "Good morning!"   I was absolutely thrilled after I called the young man at the front desk our first night to ask about the menu posted on our fridge. I was initially unaware of the complimentary dinner so imagine my joy in knowing my family did not have to eat out or try to buy all the basics just to cook for the work week nights. What a huge blessing that was for us!  Each night Mocha served us with such sweet grace, and we also loved visiting with another of your female hostesses that prepared food whose name I never made note of.  She always smiled and welcomed us, too!  Finally, we loved how both the GM, Mr. Sharma, and the hostess (I am upset with myself for not being able to recall her name at my writing because she and I visited at length a few times) made it a priority to visit each table's occupants at breakfast and dinner!  I know not everyone there needed the same level attention, but they gave it with joy, and it was something my family needed in those days following our fire so I am so grateful for that.  My children and mother enjoyed seeing familiar smiling faces in the commons area each day, too.
With that being said, there is no other establishment I will recommend before I recommend the Tulsa/Broken Arrow Homewood Suites now!  And I will try to find a Homewood Suite anytime I travel. Mr. Sharma set a high bar at your hotel that I will look for in other locations. I hope they understand what Mr. Sharma's team has already figured out:  you can make a major impact on others even in the short time they pass through the doors of your establishment.  And my family was so positively impacted for which I am eternally grateful!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank PackOfParks
RSHA1967, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tulsa - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2011

Dear Guests,

It was our pleasure to have your family at our hotel at the time you most needed it. I am glad we made you feel at home. We appreciate your business and sincerely thank you for your valuable feedback on our service and amenities. We take pride in what we at Homewood has to offer. Many thanks and regards,

Ravi Sharma, MBA

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We had a very enjoyable and restful stay at Homewood Suites. It was very clean and spacious.The bathroom was large with the sink area separated from the tub and toilet. Towels were very large and fluffy - a nice change from most hotels these days. The kitchen area had a refrigerator, stove top and nice counter space. We had a one bedroom suite and there was a TV in the living area as well as the bedroom. The free breakfast was plentiful and well presented. Front desk staff was very friendly. We were very happy with our stay and will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nshaker4900, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Tulsa - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank for choosing our beautiful hotel. We as a team continue to deliver our promise of an exceptional service while offering high quality amenities. Our management team looks forward to seeing you again at our daily hot breakfast and evening social hour.
We appreciate you and looking forward to have you staying with us again in the near future.

Thank you !!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

I booked a 1 bedroom king suite, but was checked into a queen studio. The clerk at the front desk (who seemed a little paniced) appologized and moved us. I was traveling with my wife and 2 kids and I thought I would try this hotel because of the outdoor pool. We got to the pool to find it pad locked. When I went to the front desk the clerk indicated that there had been an "incident" at the pool that morning at 9:00am, and that Hilton policy was to close the pool until it could be drained and refilled. It was 4:00pm, so I'm thinking, how long does it take to drain a pool? She said she had so many compliants that she was considering just opening it back up. Which was a little scary. I told her that the kids were counting on swimming so we decided to leave. We went down the street to the Staybridge Suites and got a king suite and had a great weekend.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Steve D
Nshaker4900, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Tulsa - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Dear Steve D,
Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. I am glad we were able to resolve the room assignment upon check-in, as your request and comfort is priority. I apologize that the pool issue wasn't resolved sooner. Safety and cleanliness is essential and I will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I hope you had a great stay in Tulsa, and hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Regards,

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised when we walked into our hotel room in Tulsa. The one bedroom king suite was extremely large with a comfortable sleeper sofa and a king bed stacked with pillows. In the kitchen there was a full-size refrigerator and stove top. The bathroom was one of the largest bathrooms I've seen in a hotel suite. The room was extremely clean and pleasantly decorated.

The breakfast the next morning was substantial.

The staff at the front desk was helpful and friendly. As it was stifling hot the day we were there, we didn't try their outdoor swimming pool or basketball court but it was nice to know they were there. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at the Homewood suites on July 2nd after reserving a one bedroom suite on the Hilton website, we checked in to a studio. I called the front desk and was told by the gentleman that they did not have a one-bedroom available and that the website is not always updated - no apology just - that's the way it is. Also, the hallway had a lot of dead beds lying around - don't know it they hadn't vacuumed in a while or if they have a problem with bugs. Other than that, the room seemed clean the the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear snoopyfanOK,
I always appreciate hearing from our guests-including items of opportunity. I apologize that we were unable to accommodate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a lengthy process each day to ensure that our guests receive exactly the room expected, however at times we do not have the same availability due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to Tulsa you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Homewood Suites Tulsa-South twice, and I was very satisfied with it.

The room I stayed in was very clean. There was no sight of dirt anywhere.

The complimentary breakfast was phenomenal, since it was warm and had a variety of foods. The breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, burritos, bagels, cereals, bacon, toast, etc. On the other hand, I would not recommend eating the instant oatmeal; I tried it, and discovered that it was a bit gross.

The beds were very comfortable; at least for me, they were not too hard, and not too soft. Furthermore, there were about five pillows on each bed.

The hotel has an outdoor swimming pool, an indoor whirlpool, a basketball court, and a fitness center, which, of course, is complimentary for the hotel guest at Homewood Suites. In addition, there is a "business" room with two computers available for the hotel guests.

The hotel is in close proximity of a Target department store and a Starbucks coffee shop. In addition, there is a small, mini convenience store within the hotel. This mini convenience store sells snacks, over-the-counter drugs, and personal necessities.

I had an amazing experience at this hotel. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Showed up looking for a room, feeling frustrated by other plans that had not worked out. Tina (front desk) was efficient, and very helpful. We got a great room, were able to relax, get some great dinner very near the hotel (again, Tina gave us some great directions) and we slept very well. Very reasonable price, given the quality of the room. Excellent breakfast the next morning. Very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow
TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial
Staybridge Suites Hotel Tulsa - Woodland Hills

Been to Homewood Suites Tulsa - South? Share your experiences!