“Very Poor Customer Service - Very bad experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow

Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Broken Arrow
Springfield, Missouri
“Very Poor Customer Service - Very bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

In Tulsa for a funeral and decided to stay at the Hampton for it's location, and we are generally happy with Hampton Inn. However, this experience left me feeling very upset. Arrived late around 11:30PM, and the front door was locked, so I phoned the front counter rep. with the provided phone, and she was very short and not welcoming whatsoever even when I told her we had a reservation. I didn't think too much of that encounter and we got checked in and to our room for sleep. The next night, we again arrived late to the hotel and went past the front desk rep who greeted us (same lady as the night before) and went up to our room. I went back down for a cup of hot tea for my wife and I (provided complimentary) and as I was getting the tea, the same front desk rep came out and started questioning whether or not I was staying at the hotel. I assured her of course, "yes I'm staying here, you checked me in" and I voiced that it was probably not polite to ask your guests if they are staying at the hotel. She said I could have been from "off the street" for the free tea. At that point I was upset and said she was being extremely rude and she didn't even apologize. This encounter was enough to ruin a stay at any hotel. I didn't feel at all welcome there at any point in time and am thinking of never staying at another Hampton Inn because they obviously don't train the customer service reps properly and will not be subjected to that sort of treatment on any level.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Oreanna, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. I apologize for the front desk staff. It not a typical that our front desk are acting this way. I’ve addressed your concerns with our staff and working to improve the guest experience based on your comments. Again, I’m truly sorry for the experience you encountered as this is not typical of our Hamptonality. I look forward to see you come back to see us again at Hampton Inn Broken Arrow-Tulsa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Our bare feet were black from unclean bathroom floor. Maids just swish a mop around and floors are not getting clean. We stayed 4 nights...bathtub was also not clean. Staff, breakfast & other services at this hotel were fine but dirty bathroom was a turn off.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Oreanna, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Thank you for your honest comments on your stay May 2012. We apreciate all guests interaction to help improve your stay at the Hampton Inn Broken Arrow. Unfortunately we cannot correct the issue with the barthroom before your departure. In the future, please feel free to contract the management or the front desk for immediate assistant for such issues. Thank you for your comments on our Complimentary Hot Fresh Hampton Breakfast. We are pleased you enjoyed the breakfast selections and our friendly staff.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

With family coming in from all over, this place was central and was a great choice. Rooms were really good, breakfast was fine. The pool was not heated and we were disappointed but the staff and site were just what we needed.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Oreanna, Manager at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for the review regarding your stay with us at Hampton Inn-Broken Arrow- Tulsa. I am happy to see that overall your stay with us was pleasant. Our heated pool is up and running in great condition and ready for winter time. We are always looking to improve and I would appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and suggestions. I look forward to see you come back to see and stay with us again at Hampton Inn Broken Arrow-Tulsa.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Loved the newly planted pansies as we drove up to the front door. This was a welcome sight in the middle of February. We asked for a room away from the noise of the street and was given a really nice comfortable clean room. The pool was nice although the water was sightly cooler than we liked, but it was still nice to be able to use it. Breakfast in the morning was good, I especially liked the bagel toppers. Would recommend this motel to anyone. Restaurants and shopping are close.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am happy to hear you liked the bagel toppers offered at our complimentary breakfast. If you are ever back in the Tulsa/Broken Arrow area, we would love to have you stay with us again.
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

The hotel may be relatively new and clean, but it is on the corner of 2 major roads, and the only things around are a gas station and quick mart. Oh yes, for people who eat fast food, there is a McDonald's too. Overall, the room was comfortable and for $100 including tax, the price was reasonable. Free, continental breakfast was ok, but the fruit was certainly not fresh.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, October 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We have already made changes to our breakfast fare to better accommodate our guests. I am sorry to hear our location and the surrounding restaurant choices were not favorable to you. I hope the quick on and off freeway access were something that you were able to take advantage of while staying with us. We appreciate your business.
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Was OK but could use some updating.
Lots of chlorine in the pool.
Beds were tippy on the sides, only slept fairly well.

Room Tip: complain
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Through comments like yours we are able to improve the services and amenities offered to our guests. We have a lobby renovation scheduled for the fall and are always looking for suggestions on what needs improvement. Your comments regarding the pool have been forwarded to the Director of Engineering. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you select the Hampton Inn Tulsa/Broken Arrow in the future.

Adrienne Thorpe
Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

My stay was so nice and plesant that I would not stay in any other hotel. Kathy at the front dest is one of the best employees that you could have to greet people. The complimentary breakfast is the best and the rooms are more comfortable than my own home.

Room Tip: Indoor pool is all you need to relax
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
AdrienneKT, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow, responded to this review, May 11, 2011
Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn Broken Arrow. I am glad that you were able to meet Kathy and you had a great experience at our hotel. Please let us know if we can ever assist you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Broken Arrow
#4 of 12 in Broken Arrow
4.0 of 5 stars 91 reviews
Clarion Hotel Tulsa - Broken Arrow
Hampton Inn & Suites Tulsa-Woodland Hills 71st-Memorial

Been to Hampton Inn Tulsa / Broken Arrow? Share your experiences!