“Broken Arrow gem”

Main Street Tavern Broken Arrow
Ranked #5 of 237 Restaurants in Broken Arrow
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautifully renovated 1904 brick building in the Rose District of revamped downtown Broken Arrow. Main Street Tavern is a classic American tavern serving upscale pub food. A full bar offers over 60 beer selections, a nice selection of wines, and several specialty cocktails. Now serving brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10AM - 2PM. Outdoor patio seating available. Open until at least midnight and until 2AM Friday and Saturday. Late-night food menu available. Great place to watch the game, meet your friends after work, or date-night. Private space in "The Loft" on the second floor above MST where we can cater your special event. Off-site catering available.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Service very good, very attentive with quick delivery of food and drinks. Had Friday dinner - busy but wait less than they estimated. Food quite good; fresh materials and original sauces. And of course well presented. Even the burgers warrant comment. And cheap - $55 for 4 adults.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had selected Main Street Tavern because of the great ratings and we live in B. A.

1st--The hummus with celery---celery was wilted and the ends of some pieces were brown. I did mention this to our waitress that the people in the kitchen needed to be alerted to the fact that the celery was not fresh.

2. Our meals: Meatloaf that was warmed up/barely any mashed potatoes to speak about/ and the corn was minimal. Meat loaf is something that I love to make and to see it warmed up and the attention to details was not there. I was hungry and this was (more or less) a child's serving. But it wasn't because we paid full price.

3. My husband had the fish and chips. He chose a salad instead of chips and the salad looked okay, but once again a small helping. The FISH tasted and cut like it had been in a warming tray. It was hard to slice into and when I bit into it----I felt like I was yanking on the piece.

We were so excited about trying Main Street Tavern. The reviews have been great, but what a complete let down this was. There were 4 of us and the 2 meals with 4 beers and 1 margarita came to $80.00-----which was not too bad------but when you consider the quality of our meals---then it becomes a huge deal.

Quality was not there. I cannot believe that the reviews were so great if every patron gets warmed over food. My husband and our friends did not want to comment, but I liked the location. I liked the building the restaurant is in.

We were there to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have gift cards to many tried and true wonderful restaurants, but wanted to try your restaurant. We are at the Farmer's Market each Sat. that we are in town. We want to help with the growth of B. A.

Last night's meals were unacceptable. UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Please note that I have rarely written a poor review and I would like for the manager to read this and take note.

***My friend ordered from the Gluten Free menu and you all worked well helping her out. Once again the celery had wilted and even though we all tried the hummus, most of the celery was left on the plate.

An eleven year resident of Broken Arrow

3  Thank Phyllis W
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I tried this place for the first time last weekend. We had a gift card so we figured we might as well use it. Got there about 1:30 on Sunday and it was decently busy, but no wait. The hostess stared off into space until I got her attention, and only gave us one menu...there were two of us. She did go grab us another menu when we asked for one, but still, two people usually means two menus.

Our waitress was also the bartender, so she was pretty busy going back and worth. The prices are a little much considering what they offer. There are less expensive options, but not many. Got the Beer Battered Mozzarella Sticks - they came out looking like fried twinkies. The outside was very soft; I missed the crunch of a usual cheese stick but it tasted good. My husband ordered a Croque Monsieur and I had the Chicken Club. I don't eat bacon so I asked the waitress to leave it off - she asked my husband if he wanted my bacon on top of his sandwich, which of course he agreed to.

The sandwiches were not as impressive as the descriptions. Mine said there would be sliced chicken breast, so I was expecting a sliced chicken breast....I got thin chicken lunch meat. And not very much of it. My bread was toasted and warm, the cheese was melted, but the chicken was cold. Underwhelmed by my sandwich, but the fries were good. My husband's sandwich was also kind of skimpy for the price.

Overall it cost us $26 for 2 small sandwiches, an order of cheese sticks, and 2 waters after our $5 giftcard discount (but before tip). I don't think we'll be back.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've had lunch here several times. I love their salads although when I went yesterday, I noticed they had cut back on the ingredients in it (except for the lettuce). The raspberry vinaigrette is great. Hamburgers are very good but the concrete floors and brick walls make sound bounce around and it is difficult to hear conversation at your table. It gets a little boisterous with the drinkers during happy hour but is otherwise a good place to eat.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We love the Main Street Tavern. . One must keep in mind that they are a "tavern" which serves great food. I'm not interested in the billion kinds of beer, or the flat screen televisions. We go on "off-times" when they are not so busy, and the noise level is down. The steak is amazing. My wife likes the fish.