“Good food good value”

Mr. Mambo's
Ranked #27 of 239 Restaurants in Broken Arrow
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We enjoy Mr Mambo- good food and quick service. We split beef and chicken combo fajitas. They were ready quickly and we enjoyed the chips and salsa while we waited.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I just had one of the worst experiences here at mambos. We have eaten here at the restaurant probably over a dozen times as we live close by. We called in an order and this is what happened, so we ordered 2 quesadilla tampicos with sides and queso and chips for a total of 25.82. when ordering we asked for the onions, bell peppers and tomatoes that it usually comes with (just to make sure it was on the quesadilla). I went into the restaurant 15mins later to pick up the food and cam back home. When i got home we had seen that we were not given the toppings that come on the side ( lettuce, guacamole, and sour cream) and was only given 1 small side of salsa. My wife called and talked to a rather nice hostess named Rachel who kindly said sorry and said we could come grab the toppings that was left out. My wife this time went back to the restaurant to get this and I told her I would wait for her to eat. When she returned from mambos we sat down ready to enjoy our 26$ meal just to realize the quesadillas had no vegetables on them and that they were made plain. Frustrated I called to speak with the Manager. Aldo came on the phone and I told him what had happened and that my wife had already been back up there once from the other mistake. His response was " I'm sorry amigo what do you want me to do about it"? I told him that I didn't want him to do anything about it and we weren't going to come up there for a third time while the rest of the food is getting cold but that it would be nice to get what you pay for. His response was " yeah sorry amigo bring the food back and i'll give your money back". As I started to say that I thought he was being rude I got a few words out and then heard the phone click. Are you serious ? This is from the manager ? There was zero concern for the fact that we had basically been ripped off and did not get what was paid for at all. Poor attitude and poor service from management. We will not be returning and don't recommend anyone else to.

2  Thank danielbrokenarrow
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We love Mr. Mambos. The food is always great and the staff is just as great. They are very affordable, and this has become one of our families favorites. We have been going here for almost two years and we have never had a problem.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

My husband & I go to Mr. Mambo's about once a week. Love that the chips are served warm (not cold like lots of Mexican restaurants). Our favorites are the fajita's de la playa (lots of fish), and the Chapula Special (wonderful shrimp, beef, chicken, with rice and a fabulous cheese sauce). Most meals are big enough for us to split... leaving room for their "best in the world" marguritas!!! Fabulous wait-staff makes you feel right at home. Always an enjoyable experience.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I have visited several times and each time found the food to be very good. Service is fast and very friendly. Salsa is served in small carafes, and the tortillas are hand-made. On our last trip my two youngest and I split the combo fajitas which were very good and was sufficient for all three of us. Definitely worth a visit.