“Good all-around experience”

Cuisines: Mexican
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Good all-around experience”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My family and I have visited several times and each time found the food to be very good. Service is fast and very friendly. Salsa is served in small carafes, and the tortillas are hand-made. On our last trip my two youngest and I split the combo fajitas which were very good and was sufficient for all three of us. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited November 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Great Texmex!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have eaten here several times and everytime was enjoyable and delicious. The top shelf margarita was super yummy. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. My daughter did not like there rice, and when asked to substitute for beans no questions were asked and recieved them promptly. Will definetly go back!

• Visited November 2012
“Good value!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner of the steak fajitas for 9.49. Our friends enjoyed their smoothered chicken and chicken tacos too. It's good food at a good price.

Tahlequah, Oklahoma
“Family fun”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Nice local Mexican restaurant that the family always enjoys. I ordered a chicken &cheese dinner that I hadn't had before and was very pleased. It came with rice and beans for $6.00! Not $16.00 like other so called upscale Mexican restaurants. The kids all had children's dinner and everyone was happy. They serve complimentary chips and salsa that kids of course like. The entire meal for 7 was under $30.00! Amazing! Cheaper than Mc D's. Nice atmosphere and the service is great. Good food served very fast for great price.

Visited September 2012
oklahoma
“Extremely Disappointed!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My wife and love good Mexican food. We love Tijuana's Grill and Catina in Bixby. After driving by Mr. Mambos twice at lunchtime and seeing it packed, I suggested that we eat there last Friday evening. Once again the place was packed with guests. The menu was very inviting with a large array of TexMex, seafood dishes and a huge selection of reasonably priced margaritas. I ordered an interesting three enchilada medley (shrimp, pork and steak) and my wife ordered pork carnitas. First, there was no presentation on our plates (mine plate consisted of three flour tortillas with only meat inside, no sauce or cheese and uncooked, some flavorless refried beans and some clumpy rice.--My wife's plate had three large and unseasoned chunks of pork, black beans and the same clumpy and overcooked rice.). I made every attempt to eat the food, but finally resorted to eating the meat and asking for the bill. The table next to us did not order until they had consumed several margaritas. While their food looked similar to ours, they consumed it all. Perhaps that's the trick to liking this restaurant's food. If you drink enough, anything tastes good. I have had better meals at Taco Bell. Do yourself a favor and forego Mr. Mambo's and drive to Bixby for an authentic Mexican meal at Tijuana's Grill and Cantina, or Ted's Escandido on 71st, or El Tiquila on 81st and Memorial or even Taco Bell before wasting your money and taste-buds at Mr. Mambo's.

• Visited August 2012