“Far too remote of a location”

Nuyaka Creek Winery
Ranked #2 of 2 things to do in Bristow
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We decided to take a lazy Saturday drive and check out a winery. We followed the GPS into the worse drive ever! This place is hidden on the back of dirt and gravel roads that looked as if we were traveling backward from civilization.

Once we found it, there was a yard, a house, and a small building in the back with a sign letting us know we were at the right place. A friendly mature couple emerged from the house to greet us; escorting us to the building. We were the only customers so far that morning.

The gentleman was very knowledgeable about the wine since he created the flavors which ranged from blueberry to pecan! The prices ranged between $10-$20. This place is nothing fancy, but the kindness of the owners made the down-home type experience a relaxed one.

I probably will not travel there again unless I'm ready to do touch up paint on my car from the gravel road chips! Otherwise, if that's not a concern of yours, you may like the unique wines.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

the tour of the wine making operation is outstanding

3  Thank robert f
Reviewed November 6, 2011

It's a long some what scenic drive from Tulsa. It's easy to get lost or discouraged getting there and once I was there I thought - really, this is it?? It's very Mom & Pop.

They are a very sweet older couple that have been making wine for several decades. The lighter, sweet wines and their Elderberry Wine are really their forte.

I am a red wine drinker and did not like what I tasted at all from their selection. The best was the Cabernet Sauvignon, so I bought a bottle of it along with a bottle of Peach Mist and their Petite Pecan.

The Peach Mist was marvelous and I'm looking forward to the Petite Pecan. The Cab-Sauv however, was not worth drinking. It was a murky reddish brown, tasted vinegary and from the bottom of a barrel.

I called and spoke to the woman about my experience very politely. She seemed to become offended and said that Cabernet Sauvignon isn't suppose to be sweet. I explained that it is the wine of my choice as a rule and I was aware of it's taste and I thought perhaps there was something wrong with that bottle. She said I would have to cork it up and bring it back and they would "talk to me about it." I don't think so!!!

The tour consisted of pointing to the vines out in the fields behind the house.

1  Thank Sherri T
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We went to Nuyaka Creek Winery for their Mayfest, expecting a nice homey, backwoodsy, yet comfortable atmosphere with quality wines. Sadly, we drove a long way to be disappointed. The atmosphere was unkempt and we liked absolutely none of the wines we tasted from their rather extensive list. Their better wines were reminiscent of Kool-aid and their bad wines were like drinking flavored nail polish remover. The staff knew very little about the operation overall. The "orchards" and "vineyard" were overgrown, hodge-podge, and weedy. The vendors were salespeople, not local craftspeople. We won't be going back and do not recommend the wines or the visit to this winery.

5  Thank skyfarms