“A GREAT stay in a small town”

Best Western Blackwell Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Blackwell
“A GREAT stay in a small town”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

It was one of my best stays at a hotel. I was here for a month and the entire staff went out of there way to make our stay a great one . The rooms are clean and the girls are very helpful with me working night . Breakfest was always ready early in the morning and stayed late

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank gtb3059
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that your extended stay was enjoyable. The staff takes great pride in their work and we appreciate the recognition. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Do not stay here! These people are rude and will blame you for things you had nothing to do with. Special warning to those staying here on business. They add charges to your company's invoices that are false and will blame you without checking with you first. Customer care number is no better. They will tell you they stand behind their hotel managers and do not care if you come back either. We will never stay at another Best Western anywhere even for personal business. I mean really, just check out the other poor reviews.

Room Tip: Uh yea, Choose another hotel!
Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Anna Z
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I am sorry that you were not satisfied with the response from onsite management, but smoking inside the hotel is not allowed.
Every person from top down in the Best Western family cares deeply about every guest, especially when it comes to health and comfort. For this reason we became a 100% non-smoking hotel a few months ago. On top of that, we have a well-documented non-smoking policy. We take photographic evidence and have at least one employee, who does not smoke, verify when guests have been smoking inside their rooms. We discussed the issue with your supervisor and were given permission to charge the account in the appropriate manner. Again, no one is allowed to smoke inside the hotel and we will continue to enforce this policy.
Osceola, NE
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our room had an offensive, overwhelming smell which kept us awake. The carpet was so stained and nasty we didn't want our dog to lay on it. We looked at other rooms and they smelled even worse. We left numerous phone messages for the General Manager, Ms. Matthews, and even stopped by on our way home. She was never available and never returned our calls. We gave this hotel a month to respond before writing this review.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RL M
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay, and I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. As you mentioned, our front desk attendant took you to several rooms in an attempt to provide you with the best stay. All of those other rooms were happily rented by other guests that day. The employee also offered to make you a reservation at a nearby property since you were not satisfied.
I assure you that we routinely clean our carpets with professional equipment as part of our maintenance program. The smell you may have been sensitive to was the fresh paint. We recently converted our property to 100% non-smoking and painted the previous smoking rooms.
I am sorry our General Manager, or Assistant Manager, was not able to satisfy your complaint over the phone call you had with them. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We reserved our room 2 or 3 weeks in advance. The staff were friendly upon arrival, however we went to our room, I thought I could smell fresh paint. Imagine my surprise the next morning when we went into the hall at 7:30 a.m. and there were painters all around us. The surrounding rooms next to ours were being repainted. When I complained to the staff upon checkout, I was told there was nothing to be done since I had already received a discount. I asked why we weren't moved to a different part of the hotel, where rooms were not being painted and she could not answer that. She said she hoped we had a better stay the next time, at which I replied there will NOT be a next time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pat P
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Yes, the hotel was undergoing minor upgrades that included painting when you stayed at the Best Western Blackwell Inn. If you ever have a problem with your room, please notify the front desk immediately and they will do their best to relocate you. As you observed, we are constantly trying to enhance the quality of the hotel. Other updates to the Best Western Blackwell Inn that we are proud to provide: new landscaping, new and increased variety of breakfast options, new TV’s and improving wireless internet connection. We do hope that you will stay with us again, and if you have any additional comments, please contact the hotel manager, Candi Matthews at the hotel.
Cambridge, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have stayed here almost every year on my way to Texas for the last ten years. I was very disappointed in the quality of this hotel. They now have oil rigers staying there as an apartment and the place really need better cleaning. The beds were fine but the carpets were still really dingy looking. The bathrooms were not functioning properly. The breakfast buffet was still up to par. We were not able to use the indoor pool due to it having dead bugs all over the bottom of the pool. The floor area also was in need of cleaning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Laura F
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
We appreciate your feedback on the Best Western Blackwell Inn. We do have some Oil Field workers that stay at the hotel regularly, and in our experience, they are respectful and conscientious of their surroundings. Because of the nature of oil field work, it may mean there is more for us to clean. We are aware of this and attempt to clean-up any imperfections immediately. If there is ever a specific problem with any of our guests, please report it to management immediately, so they can promptly address the issue.

Thank you for the note about your room’s bathroom. We have a full-time maintenance staff ready to take care of any plumbing/mechanical issues. Always report this to the front desk.

Finally, we apologize for the pool issues and have recently invested in a robotic cleaner to automatically keep the pool spotless. We want you to know that we appreciate your repeat business and hope to see you again in the future. Feel free to call the General Manager, Candi Matthews, to discuss any of these points further.
Minneapolis
Reviewed April 14, 2012

In room 212, bathroom wall had black hand prints. Black smudges on bedroom wall also. Room smelled musty. Looks like we'll look for something other than Best Western on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jan J
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for providing your feedback. I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We will review your comments with our team and retrain some key points. Should you return to the area, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to accommodate you.
Seminole, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Overcharged by one day and made to pay an extra $230 for smoking in a non smoking room even though I am a non smoker. Management told me I was lying and they were not reimbursing me. Asked to see documentation and they had none , just hit my debit card and went on their merry way. I will never stay at the Best Western In BLACKWELL, OK again.

Room Tip: I was charged for 2 nights when I only stayed 1 night. Also, an extra $230 for smoking in the room w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Steve H
BlackwellManagement, Owner at Best Western Blackwell Inn, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience, all feedback is appreciated. I am sorry to hear that your complaint was not handled to your satisfaction. We always endeavor to ensure that our manner is professional but friendly and helpful. Please contact the General Manager, Traci Clark, at the property (580-363-1300), so we can look into this situation in more detail.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you will allow us the opportunity to make it up to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blackwell
Sleep Inn & Suites
#3 of 5 in Blackwell
Hampton Inn & Suites Ponca City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ponca City
Comfort Inn & Suites Ponca City

Been to Best Western Blackwell Inn? Share your experiences!