“Decent Food but Cold”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Ordered the chicken fried steak and chicken fried chicken. Steak was tough in spots, but the chicken was tender and had a good flavor. Unfortunately, our food was cold within 5 minutes. Very disappointed. Restaurants need to serve hot foods on heated plates.

The booths are made of solid wood and after 30 mins, my non-padded rear couldn't take it any longer! Our waitress was fantastic! Never wanted for anything.

Would go back providing they use hot plates for hot food.

Reviewed March 6, 2011

I went at lunch time and only ordered a loaded potato. But it was very good and sizable. Unlike some that are half raw and skimp on the toppings. The coating on the skin was a nice surprise. My waitress was excellent. Great first time experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2011

I heard so many good things about this restaurant and I decided to try it. What a mistake! One of the worst steak I ever had in my life, not the best mashed potatoes, but great onion rings! Not even my kids liked their food. Wait too much to be served at the table, and didn't get all the things we ordered in time or in the right order. Definitely, I'm not going back there.

Reviewed February 13, 2010

Outlaws is by far my choice for a good meal in Bartlesville. I have made Outlaws a weekly spot for lunch. Their Thursday lunch special is roasted pork loin with mashed potatoes and choice of corn, green beans or side salad. I honestly have never tasted anything better!!!

Reviewed September 1, 2009

I've got to admit that I generally try to stay away from places like this, since steak is something that you usually need to pay a premium for, if you want a decent meal. In my experience, any time you go to a "chophouse" that caters to families with children and budget-conscious adults, you probably aren't going to get much of a meal. I'm happy to say, however, that Outlaw's is an exception to that general rule. As one reviewer mentioned, this is not the place for the dieter, as the portions are large, and virtually everything on the menu is anything but health food, but then if you are going to a chophouse, you probably aren't too worried about that anyway. Their meats are actually pretty darn good. Not prime beef, but generally of good quality and well-prepared. Having grown up on chicken-fried steak, I'm pretty picky, when it comes to that dish, and I must say that Outlaw's serves one of the best chicken-fried steaks I've ever had in a restaurant. The sides, salads and desserts are all fine as well. Service is prompt and friendly, and the price is hard to beat, for this much food of decent quality.

1  Thank WynneWoody