“cheap hotel and limited accomodations”

Motel 6 Bartlesville
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Bartlesville
Fort Worth, Texas
“cheap hotel and limited accomodations”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Clean, but crowded rooms with only the bare necessities. Very little room to move about inside the room and only one bar of soap and all-in-one shampoo/conditioner. Thin walls and smell of smoke on the "non" smoking floor and in the elevator. Staff is friendly and pleasant. Did not get coffee to go with my coffeemaker until I went downstairs and asked for it. Breakfast is limited and mildly satisfying, but included with the room. No oversize vehicle parking; which was advertised. Had to crowd the regular parking lot. No fridge or Microwave in rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Phaedra57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I have to say that I expected more from a hotel that was only 4 years old.
The staff was EXCELLENT. The lobby was on par with other Microtel's however, that's where it ended.

Cleanliness in the room was sub-par. I may not have noticed that the bathroom was so unclean except the shower was non-working and I had to use the tub. (and heaven forbid you should misplace the tub stopper) The entire underside of the toilet hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. Walls and floor were lacking a caring hand as well. But the sink and tub area as well as the bowl and top sides of the toilet were clean. Make sure you bring shampoo as this hotel does not offer in in the room.

I must agree with another traveler....the beds were horrid for the level this hotel should be at...SUPER FIRM. The TV is precariously perched atop the armoire. I may not have noticed as the rooms ARE dark unless you want to have the garish florescent on over your bed and streaming down the plate mirrors. These must go. The rooms were large, I DID have a refrigerator and coffee maker - however they utilized the same outlet above the desk that I needed to plug in my laptop and phone. Bit of a headache.

The coffee maker worked well but if you drink for than 2 cups or use more than 2 sugars total you will need to go to the desk and ask for more...which they happily gave me.

I did not utilize the breakfast as there was very little to offer. Variety was very minimal. I had a better selection at QT and personally, after staying in the room I was leery of eating anything there.

My room was conveniently located next to the public laundry which I did use at $4.00 for wash dry and soap for one load.

Rooms were fairly quiet. You can hear people who are right outside your door and the doors do slam, but all in all...not bad

All in all the staff made the stay so it was not a total loss and I would stay there again, provided that everything worked and the room was clean. I would only stay again during a promotion as the room in it's current condition isn't worth more than $45 a night. It is a shame. I had such high hopes.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lanavictoria
, General Manager at Motel 6 Bartlesville, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your review. I would like to let you know the hotel is under new ownership and management. We have updated the hotel. I have put in new bedding line. We have a business center now. We now offer a better selection in breakfast, biscuts and gray, fresh fruit, yogart,toast, and many new items. Thank you for the review
Texas
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Booked a room for 2 weeks. Was told that the room would have a refrigerator and that the beds had "spongy", "pillowtop" mattresses. Not true. The mattresses were cheap, hard and horribly uncomfortable! The room did not have a refrigerator; I was later told that only the suites had them. There were no lamps in the room, just fluorescent lights above the beds, and the TV was mounted up very high (want a stiff neck anyone?). Also, I was put in a handcap accessible room, so the sink had no vanity for toiletries. I was told that they "had" to put me there (in a handicap room) because of the length of time I was staying. The entrance doors to the hotel were manual, creating quite a problem getting the luggage carriers in and out. Needless to say, I checked out the next day and went elsewhere. The only good things I could say are that the staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Liked — clean room and friendly staff
  • Disliked — terrible beds and paper thin walls.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank Grumpy39

Travelers are raving about these Bartlesville hotels