“An insiders review”

Indian Coffee Company
Dallas, Texas
“An insiders review”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

From the begining I will tell you that I was on the opening crew of this eclcetic coffee house. The atmosphere when you walk in is one of genuine home comfort with an emphasis on local Indian culture. The owners Mark and Kelly Spencer have outdone themselves in making you feel like you are family there. The staff is treated with respect and it shows in thier food and coffee. I have moved on and I miss them greatly .
The food is anything but ordinary , from the Indian fried bread topped with maple ad bacon fr breakfast to the artisian wood fired pizzas, your taste buds will delight in every flavor sensation they have to offer. If your adventerous , try the Mexican French Toast, with ark chocolate and mexican spices , it will be the best french toast you have ever had !
Prices are not dollar value menu prices. You pay for what you get , but the value is there for great food and atmosphere. The smiles and laughte are contagious there and the staff will make your day.
Chef David, The Wandering Chef

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank David W

Tulsa
“Yum!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Both my sandwich I had for lunch and the scone I got for breakfast the next day were delicious. The prices seem high to me. It's hard to get a table here.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank JackSprat919
San Mateo, California
“A very good place for breakfast or just coffee.”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Skipped the so called breakfast at the Price Inn and had a very good coffee and a reakfast at the Indian.
Location is right on Frank Phillips Blvd accross from the Phillips office buildins.
Resonably priced.

Visited January 2014
New Orleans
“Good atmosphere - breakfast is so-so.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had been wanting to try breakfast - so we went on a rainy morning. Service was pleasant enough. I had a bacon omelette and SO had veggie omelette. We really like the atmosphere. However, the diced potatoes were decent, although overly peppered. The bread was just OK - SO had marbled rye, which seemed store bought but probably wasn't, and I had sour dough, which seemed a lot like white. Once again, OK, but not bursting with the flavor we have come expect. (We buy our bread from a lady at the Saturday Farmer's Market who fresh bakes it.) The omelettes seemed to be a bit on the lacking rich flavor side as we tried each other's. But maybe it's because we've been spoiled by SO's home-made omelettes who mixes a little milk into the egg for the omelette and uses a bit of butter in cooking.

Or maybe part of that problem may have been seasoning - after the pepper on the potatoes, our taste buds may have been bit off. Or maybe it's because we didn't get enough salt on the omelettes. They use flake salt - good - but they have it in a regular salt shaker with tiny holes so hardly any comes out on each shake - bad. Also, rather than butter, the plate came with "whipped spread" and no jam or jelly. The whipped spread had little flavor and we had to go back to the counter to ask for jam. The good part of the jam is that they don't use prepared packets, but instead prepare it in individual servings. The bad part is that we should have been asked what jam we wanted when we ordered and not have to travel back to the counter. (Maybe they have real butter there as well - we will have to check next time.)

Lest it sounds like I'm complaining about everything, I really like the place and want to like it more. It has an atmosphere that you can't find within 50 miles. The staff is friendly and service is good. We were just disappointed that the breakfast did not live up to the promise. We will go back in a few weeks and try again - I really want to give them a higher rating.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Traveller2984
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
“Great new restaurant!!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This place just opened and is great! It has great atmosphere and was very well done. They have a brick oven for pizza and the food was very good. The pizza needed just a touch of seasoning, but overall was very good! The crust was nice and the crisp from the brick oven great! We had a blended Truly Latte and it was fantastic!!!

• Visited August 2013