TripAdvisor

Murphy's Original Steak House
Ranked #1 of 125 Restaurants in Bartlesville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My favorite place to stop for lunch when I'm in the area. They are famous for their burger and fries with gravy over all of it. Good burgers. Good fries. Pies made fresh daily. Friendly waitresses. Good old style diner feel.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (269)

Reviewed October 8, 2019

Great service and food! We have 2 small children and don't eat too much. We ordered one dish for them to split and they did it for us without. The hamburger and fries were great. I tried the hot hamburger plate to see if I liked gravy on my fries. It was very good. Also the prices were very affordable.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 30, 2019 via mobile

Well, this is my second day here on business and so after researching a place to try in Bartlesville, I settled with this establishment. As I drove to Murphy’s, the parking lot was full an indication of a good place and fresh food. The building stands alone and old looking. As I entered, the seating is by “honors” only and first come first serve. Since I was alone, I settled to sit at the bar. The waitress was very nice and friendly. The service was fast and if not, they honors a free meal, which a couple besides me came in and took sometime to get their orders in. I ordered the hot hamburger with everything on it and a side salad with the garlic dressing. The hot hamburger was good and plentiful. The gravy was thick but not salty. The sautéed onions was spare but present. I had to dig in the center to get to the hamburger since I knew I cannot finish all the fries. The hamburger was well done and goes with the gravy very well. In fact, the gravy added the juice to the burger. This is my first and can’t compare to any others. However, it’s an experience that I would recommend if you come to this city.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed September 29, 2019 via mobile

Well you are in a nice little town in Oklahoma. Murphy’s has been here since 1946. Best ‘Hot Hamburger’ in all of Bartlesville, might be the only one, just sayin. Try it it’s just right

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

The gravy over all burgers where just as it has always been epic. Our drinks where filled before they where low very nice. The hot hamburger is a prime food item in bartlesville I try them where ever they have them and Murpy's is the best.

Date of visit: September 2019