“One of Our Country's Finest Museums Tucked Away in the Osage Hills”

Woolaroc Museum & Wildlife Preserve
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Frank Phillips Ranch was founded in 1925 and the Woolaroc Museum had a humble beginning four years later in 1929. The 3,700 acre wildlife preserve is home to more than 30 varieties of native and exotic animals and birds. It is a working ranch that maintains the animals for the enjoyment of our guests in a natural, protected setting. The Woolaroc Museum presents one of the world's most unique collections of Western art and artifacts; Native American pottery, baskets, beads, blankets and cultural art; historical displays; and one of the most complete collections of Colt firearms. Guests can also tour the Lodge, which was used as a place for Frank Phillips to entertain his friends and maintain business relationships. The Lodge abounds with tales of the parties, business events and wilder goings-on.
Reviewed January 25, 2010

I never cease to be amazed by Woolaroc, having grown up in the area and visited this wonderful place countless times. Every time I go I see something new, and every year that goes by makes me appreciate the art even more. And I must say -- in recent years Woolaroc has risen to an even higher level, blending in fun and unique events with an ever-present appreciation for its history and heritage. The new signs, attention to detail, and overall focus on creating a "magical" experience for each and every guest truly make a difference. Disney-like cleanliness, family-focused fun, world-class artwork ... all tucked away in Oklahoma's Osage Hills. This is not only one of Oklahoma's jewels -- it's one of America's true jewels. If you haven't been there go visit. If you haven't visited in awhile you have to go back ... they've almost reinvented themselves with a laser focus on customer service. Enjoy!

Reviewed November 6, 2009

I've been going to Woolaroc most of my life. It has so much to offer. There is a small fee, per vehicle to get in but it's worth it! They have lots of animal species you can see as you drive in and out of the park including bison, deer etc. The museum has an incredible collection of Native American paintings and artifacts, as well as a large gun collection and more. There is a petting zoo for everyone to enjoy and some walking trails. The museum has a nice gift shop as well. They have a concession area to buy food and their Buffalo BBQ sandwich is awesome! I never miss getting that when I visit. You can also step into Frank Phillips Lodge where he stayed and entertained a lot of people. Woolaroc is a beautiful place to visit and you should allow a few hours to take it all in! It's only about 12 miles outside of Bartlesville and is a place you should miss visiting!

Reviewed December 27, 2008

Woolaroc was established in 1925 in the Osage Hills of Northeast Oklahoma as the ranch retreat of oilman Frank Phillips. The property is located about 12 miles southwest of Bartlesville OK. The property contains a nine-bedroom lodge, wildlife preserve, museum and trails. We arrived late in the afternoon and only toured the museum and the lodge. It would be very easy to spend a full day or more at Woolaroc. We were able to enjoy the Christmas decorations that came to life after dark and drink apple cider in the lodge while overlooking the lake. The museum is very educational and contains some of the best exhibits of Western and Native American art and artifacts. The outside temperature was very cold during our visit so we did not do much exploring of the grounds on foot.

The admission donation is $8 for guests ages 12 through 64, $6 for ages 65 and older. Children age 11 and younger are free. Travel Safe_JAGIN

1  Thank JAGIN
A TripAdvisor Member
Lake Charles, LA
Reviewed June 3, 2004

When we came across Willoroc, we were traveling the back roads heading back to Louisiana on vacation. We decided to take a little detour (or so we thought) and visit the park. We were so impressed with the Phillips Museum and the nature park that we ended up spending 6 hours at Willoroc. The Museum is totally Awesome, and the collections are the best I have seen in our many years of travels. When we get back up in that neck of the woods, we will definitly visit Willoroc again, and I am looking forward to it. One day is just not enough time to really take in everything.
Bill and Carol T
Lake Charles, LA.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Alba, MO
Reviewed May 7, 2004

I grew up at Woolaroc. I am the niece of Grace and Joe Billam, who were caretakers for 40 years. I still visit as often as possible, usually twice a year. It is a wonderful place to relax and get away from your busy daily life. Woolaroc is full of history and knowledge, and for me, great memories. If you are planning to visit Bartlesville, or anywhere near, you should make the trip to Woolaroc. You won't regret it or ever forget it.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member