“OK stay but expected more from a La Quinta”

Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Bartlesville
Garland, Texas
“OK stay but expected more from a La Quinta”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had made reservations over the phone and the lady that handled my reservation was very helpful, we have stayed at other La Quinta's and had excellent service, so my hopes were high. I informed the lady on the phone that our son would be attending college there and would be repeat customers. Upon arrival, I called the front desk and asked for extra bedding and pillows (I was hoping to have a roll-away bed but was told upon check in that for a double bed room it was a fire hazard), my youngest son wanted to sleep on the chair, I was told I could go down to house keeping to get these items. I was a little put off because most of the time they would be sent up to the room for me, not me having to go downstairs and track them down, but I just thought maybe they were having a really busy day. The next morning I mentioned to the lady in the breakfast area that the timer on the waffle iron was not working in which her reponse was "sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't". Not really a big deal, but when we went swimming later in the day, I requested some clean towels for the pool area because there were none, the front desk told me they would get some in there, 30 minutes later still no towels. I hunted down housekeeping once again to get the towels and I was told they had none, they had a washer not working, sorry. The housekeeping lady was very nice but I could tell she was embarrassed by not having the towels and frustrated by the washer being down and left to handle it herself, I felt a little sorry for her. I do not understand if a washer was down why the manager did not send some to a nearby laundry mat to get some clean ones to the pool area as we were not the only guests swimming. I ended up going back to our room to get clean ones from our bathroom. I did let the front desk know that I had hunted down housekeeping to get the clean towels and they had none and a washer was down, she told me she knew a washer was down, sorry. I am not usually picky, I have just come to expect better service from a La Quinta. My son will be going to college in Bartlesville and we will be repeat customers in this area and I was hoping to be able to build up points in their reward system to get free nights every now and then. I do not think we will return to this hotel. I will be looking up reward systems with other local hotels and try them out. Room was OK, but really disappointed with the customer service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
lq6440gm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay has been. It is our goal to make sure you have a wonderful stay and you feel as comfortable as you would in your home. I am so sorry about the experience that you had during your recent stay in bartlesville. I will definitely talk to my team to see what happened and make sure that does not happen again. I hope that you will change your mind and give us another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Overall, we were pleased with our stay. The front desk attendant was very friendly and helpful. The decor could use an update though. The lobby was a bit dated with the wood paneling and the tv was turned up very loud! The room was clean (with the exception of several hairs in the bathtub) and we appreciated the snacks and water! There were also a few maintenance issued that could use addressing. There were handles falling off the dresser and end table drawers. There were iron burn stains on the carpet and the fridge did not fit in the cabinet as the door would not completely shut.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
lq6440gm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
I am very glad you enjoyed your stay at our property.. We will definitely address all the concerns you had during your stay. We look forward to seeeing you the next time your in the bartlesville area.
Jacksonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very nice place to stay in this neat town. Rooms are spacious and very clean.Breakfast is delicious and the pool is very nice. The folks who work here make you feel very welcomed. I will certainly stay here the next time I am in this great town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you we are so pleased that you had a great stay at our property. Thank you for letting everyone know how much you enjoyed your stay. It is nice to know that all of our hard work is appreciated.
Marshfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is an old building with new paint and it shows its age. The bedding, at least in the room we had, is long past the time it should be replaced. The front of the hotel is crammed up against a bowling alley and the alley's parking lot. Arriving after dark, as we did, the lot was full, and cars were parked in the very short lobby area. The front of the hotel is poorly lighted and the alley running to the hotel parking lot is in bad repair. To check in, I had to park in the alley and walk back to the lobby. The room was clean and quiet, but the mattress was sagging and lumpy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

lq6440gm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to let us know how we are doing. I am so sorry that your experience was not a good one, but I promise you that we are working hard to improve what is in our control to make this property welcoming and comfortable for all of our guest. I will definitely look into all of your concerns so that every time your in the Bartlesville area we will be your first choice.

Travelers are raving about these Bartlesville hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I don't know where to begin. I've never had such a bad stay at a hotel and this is my first time writing a review. Check in was about 45 min. as the staff said our reserved suite was flooded (we have 5 children) so they gave us three rooms instead. This only worked because one of our children is 17. The manager had numerous complaints from customer calls as I was waiting (room not cleaned). When my reservation was finally fixed, she realized that she only put us down for one night instead if three. I assumed she would take care of it as I was eager to unload our kids. The rooms were small, I vacuumed, and the toilet was dirty with grime and hair. One of the entry doors on our room would get significantly stuck when trying to open it. The beds were comfortable though. You can hear through the walls as well. This is where things got bad...the second night at 12:30am our door is opened. My husband and I weren't sure what was going on and had been sound asleep with our baby. It was one of the girls from the front desk. She said that our room was supposed to be vacant. After the shock, we laid down again and then the phone rings. She is asking who we are, who took our reservation (they weren't wearing name tags), and continued to aggressively question me until she finally said..."ooohh yeah, I remember you." To which I hung up the phone. We began to check on our other children as the hotel could've given out keys to other
customers. No apology, nothing.
We only stayed because my aunt had generously put us up in the hotel since we were in town for her wedding. Needless to say, it took us quite some time to go back to sleep. I can handle mistakes, but the unprofessionalism was unbelievable. Please do not waste your time here!

• Stayed February 2014
lq6440gm, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I would like to apologize for all the issues you had during your stay at the LaQuinta Inn Bartlesville, it was not our intention to make you feel uncomfortable in your room. It was an honest mistake at first I assumed you were staying for the one night when I found out that you were here for three nights I meant to change it but forgot so I truley do apologize about that. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further please give me a call, we would've loved to have taken care of you while you were at the hotel, but we are still here for you. I hope that you can understand that it was an accident. I hope that you can find it in your heart to give us another chance.
Willard, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The breakfast was good and so was the quality of the food considering the price of the room. Normally we stay by the indoor pool but it was being repaired and maintained sadly during our stay. We've stay here before and so far not had a bad experience. Rooms were clean and maintained. Everything was in working order. The Staff was very helpful and nice and gave us the impression they were glad we stayed at their hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Darrell B
DeAnna R, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you very much for letting everyone know how good your stay was. We do enjoy having our guest stay with us. It is our pleasure to take care of you and make you feel comfortable when you stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time your in the Bartlesville area.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

The LaQuinta met our needs very well. The room was clean and the breakfast was very good. The employees were very helpful. The location met our needs as it was within a few minutes of our need. It was close to many restaurants and shopping places. Will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

DeAnna R, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Bartlesville, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I am so glad we were able to take care of you while you were in the Bartlesville area. Thank you for your comment and we look forward to seeing you the next time your in the bartlesville area.