“Lied about price!!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Lied about price!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked a room with this hotel through TripAdvisor/Priceline.com and was guaranteed a price of $69.99 + tax. However, when my husband check in they charged him $115.00!!!! He spoke with the manager and was told that they could not change the price. I am very upset and plan to take action in regards to this matter. It is very bad business practice to work with an online company to help people book a stay with your hotel and then not honor the guaranteed price. The room and stay with this hotel was not worth $115.00!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DanaDDamm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I wanted to get a little East of Columbus, OH before stopping for the night so we picked the Super 8 based on its location and the coupon in those Rest Stop Hotel books. It was a good choice. Besides all the basics being what they should be - clean room, well lighted stairways, amenities as advertised (and that includes wi-fi that was really functioning, unlike my stay in another hotel in Pittsburgh the night before that didn't have wi-fi - read my review of that if you need to) - I was probably most impressed with the Night Desk person - CJ. Helpful, informative, friendly. We were at home the minute we checked in.

I don't think there's an elevator, but there's handicap accessible access on the first floor if you need that. The breakfast was less than desired as there wasn't any yogurt or fruit, or maybe I just got there too late for that. For the great rate I got I could get yogurt at the gas station next door if I needed that!!

I'd recommend stopping here if you're passing through Zanesville.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed June 24, 2012

SERVICE - At check-in, I noticed they were going to charge us more than our online reservation said. My wife presented them with our printed confirmation from priceline.com. To which, the lady in charge quickly said, "NO. We don't use Priceline." We explained that they obviously have some connection to Priceline since we are HOLDING the confirmation! She repeated "No!" several times, which was just really annoying when you're just expecting them to check you into your room and be polite. We eventually figured out that somehow priceline was connected to another website which the hotel uses. But why was this our problem, and why were they treating us like WE were being unreasonable? I've been in customer service a long time, and the response should have been apologetic, then helpful in finding a resolution. Instead it was antagonistic and escalating. On a positive note, a man who worked the front desk in the morning was much more pleasant.

ROOM - Fairly clean. Refrigerator and microwave. The biggest disappointment was NO IRON in the room OR hotel. This made me late to our meeting because I had to go elsewhere to get an iron. It would be a good $20 investment for the front desk to have one handy for guests to borrow. Pack your own.

BREAKFAST - Glad they offered one, but it was very small: waffles, cereal, muffins and coffee.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Koogs

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I stayed at this motel only because I was placed here for job training and it was the worst place I have ever been. I kill four spiders. There were spider webs in every corner of my room. I could only bare staying here two nights because the second day I woke up to little red bites all over my arms and shoulders. I immediately paid for another hotel with excellent reviews and cleanliness. I absolutely do not reccomend this place to anyone who isn't a truck driver because thats the only ones who just need a place to lay down.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Thopings
chillicothe
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Upon arrival greeted by very friendly and welcoming front desk. i was given second floor room and must admit room was spanking clean. didnt find single dust. was there on work purpose and Wifi works very well with strong signal . Breakfast was nice with hot waffle . i surely be back in future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaed2012
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Hotel Zanesville, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your response. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff treated you kindly! We look forward to having you stay with us again, when ever you are in our area!
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I really enjoyed the helpfulness of the friendly staff, not just the front desk workers but the housekeepers were also extremely friendly. Rooms were quaint and comfortable, breakfast was plentiful and filling...offered more options than most motels. For the pricing this Super 8 is a wonderful place to stay while traveling through

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank jenniferwilcoxin
Andria-GM, General Manager at Super 8 Hotel Zanesville, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you so much for your kindly review of our staff! We we are glad you enjoyed your stay and our staff is here to help you in anyway we paooibly can. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever out this way!
Kettering
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Front desk clerk was very friendly as she welcomed me at check-in. The room was clean and comfortable. There is food(McD's A&W and Blimpie) and a gas station within walking distance. This is a 3 story Super 8 with no elevator available, I also did not see any luggage cart available for use. The breakfast offerings were probably good, but by the time I got there at 9am all that was left was bagels, cold cereal and the waffle machine. Overall a good value for the money($60), Easy on/off access to I-70. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms only have a few steps to go down, but the noise from the upper floors is possible...