Only stay here if you want to freeze to death, sleep on stained sheets and cover with threadbare blankets and comforters with cigarette burns in them! (We stayed in a non-smoking room).
It took 30 minutes to check in, despite having made reservations (and paid already!) online prior.. The women up front were unprofessional, and unapologetic about it.
When we finally got the room keys, we took our 3 young children in and noticed that it was extremely cold inside. The thermostat was OFF! Had to almost break it to get it to turn on. We thought, well, we'll turn this on and go swim and maybe get in the jacuzzi to warm up. HA! What a joke. The entire swimming area was unheated. Colder than outside! The water was warm, but it didn't really matter when the air was freezing. Thought the jacuzzi would warm us up, however the water in the jacuzzi was only slightly warmer the pool water. Had interesting conversations with other people about how unnaturally cold it was inside.
(This was pretty much the whole reason we booked the room, to let the kids swim for a while since there is nothing to do outside, since it's so cold out. So needless to say, they were dissapointed and miserable.)
We raced back to our room, dripping wet and freezing. Still not warm in our room. Decided to take hot showers. Bathroom horrifying!! Looked like urine dribbles on the walls. Ceiling was dirty and ceiling tiles were off center and gaping. Very seedy. The whole room smelled like stale urine.
No microwave, even though its listed under the amenities. Had a refridgerator, although it did not work. Not even batteries in the remote! Picture on the tiny TV very fuzzy. Dirty floors. Dirty walls.
Let the kids play in the little game area for a while. Was cold. Put money in the air hockey table. It didn't work. A housekeeper came up and started talking to us. For a long time. Pretty much told us all she had done that day was pick up dirty towels, and then left them in a bag. Figured out what was probably the reason our room was so unkempt.
Hard to sleep. Everyone woke up coughing and with runny noses. No surprise, since we pretty much slept in 30 degree weather.
Overall a VERY MISERABLE experience.
We didn't attempt to go swimming again. Left as early as we could get everyone up and ready. What a great family outing, huh?
Then, the topping on the cake: We're back at our very comfortable, very nice, very warm home, unpacking our overnight bag. My daughter screams, jumps back, throws the shirt she had in her hand and yells "Mommy, a bug!!" Look down. Oh how nice. A lovely cockroach, burrowing into our carpet.
So, to sum it all up: We spent $70, for a room I wouldn't have even paid $10 for if I had seen it, and felt it, and smelled it beforehand. We got to swim in a pool when we could have had the same experience for free, swimming in the lake we have here at home. We got to watch a TV similar to the one my husband and I had in our tiny apartment after highschool. But at least then we had a remote control that worked. We got colds and coughs. And we also probably got cockroaches.
Pretty much the worst hotel experience ever.
So yeah, book elsewhere. There are like 3 other hotels right up the road. They probably have heat, at least.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Motel-6 so you can book your Kautilya Zanesville Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Hotel Zanesville
- Ramada Zanesville
- Zanesville Ramada
- Kautilya Zanesville Hotel Ohio