“A relaxing stay”

Red Roof Inn Zanesville
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This Econo Lodge has just undergone a major upgrade. The beds are very comfortable, with pillowtop mattresses, and new comforters. The management is friendly and helpful - even offering to help us unload our car.

The only reason I didn't give a 5 is because, like most Econo Lodges, it only offers a carb-based breakfast, but it was a full "continental" menu, with waffles (which the owner offered to make for us), breads, sweet rolls, cereal, juice, and coffee.

We will definitely stay there again when our travels take us across Ohio.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I was here and stayed a couple of months ago.They have made some wonderful upgrades sense my last visit. There is all new bedding,curtains, and carpet.I loved the new bedding ,the comforter was so warm and soft. The pillows was just as nice.And of course the staff was just as friendly as ever.When they talk to you they talk to you with a smile on their face.As soon as I was checked in they ask if I needed help getting my belongings to my room,or if I needed a bottle of water. They next morning I went in for breakfast and the gentleman said good morning how was your night? Would you like for me to make you a waffle?I agreed (cause I know they are GREAT)So if you are near here stop in and check it out,you will like what you see.Can't wait till they next time I'm in town cause this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Made reservation on line while traveling. Non-refundable. Not like pictures. Bar on site was extremely loud and clerk gave us room next to it. Walls were vibrating..very difficult to get clerk to agree to change room since he wouldn't refund money. Bad location. Didn't feel safe..breakfast items very poor.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a really quick check in after a long night drive. While checking in, others in my group were approached by some sketchy guy in the parking lot asking for gas money at 4am but nothing else weird happened. On the exterior, the Hotel looks basic if not slightly on the rough side but the rooms were surprisingly "pimped out". The beds had some nice shiny faux silk bedding on top with a long round middle eastern looking pillow on each. Slept well so no complaints. Good highway stop

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed January 10, 2013

After breaking down in the town from road or truck debris hitting radiator on 70 we were forced to get a room until we could get a rental car the next day. Thankfully they allowed pets and do have a lounge , with a pool table and tvs and jute box . room was average fridge microwave two double beds. Bathroom with iron and board as well as hair dryer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It was a very snowy night a few weeks ago and I needed a place to stay and I hotwired this place on my phone and at first I thought it was a dump. However, the manager for the night, Neil Patel, was VERY friendly and EXTREMELY attentive and it was greatly appreciated. The room was decent, not more than I could expect for a cheap hotel but it was clean and affordable so I was okay with it. During breakfast Neil actually made me my breakfast! I thought that was pretty cool. If I could afford a nicer hotel I would stay with that one but this one was definitely a gem, I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was very satisfied with my room. The gentleman at the desk helped me to my room. The room was neat and tidy. The young lady at the desk in the morning was very friendly and helpful with breakfast. I will stay again when traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo