“Rooms nicer than expected”

Red Roof Inn Zanesville
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Had a really quick check in after a long night drive. While checking in, others in my group were approached by some sketchy guy in the parking lot asking for gas money at 4am but nothing else weird happened. On the exterior, the Hotel looks basic if not slightly on the rough side but the rooms were surprisingly "pimped out". The beds had some nice shiny faux silk bedding on top with a long round middle eastern looking pillow on each. Slept well so no complaints. Good highway stop

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Zanesville

Reviewed January 10, 2013

After breaking down in the town from road or truck debris hitting radiator on 70 we were forced to get a room until we could get a rental car the next day. Thankfully they allowed pets and do have a lounge , with a pool table and tvs and jute box . room was average fridge microwave two double beds. Bathroom with iron and board as well as hair dryer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It was a very snowy night a few weeks ago and I needed a place to stay and I hotwired this place on my phone and at first I thought it was a dump. However, the manager for the night, Neil Patel, was VERY friendly and EXTREMELY attentive and it was greatly appreciated. The room was decent, not more than I could expect for a cheap hotel but it was clean and affordable so I was okay with it. During breakfast Neil actually made me my breakfast! I thought that was pretty cool. If I could afford a nicer hotel I would stay with that one but this one was definitely a gem, I would stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was very satisfied with my room. The gentleman at the desk helped me to my room. The room was neat and tidy. The young lady at the desk in the morning was very friendly and helpful with breakfast. I will stay again when traveling.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My first impression upon driving up wasn't great. The neighborhood wasn't very well lit and there wasn't much nearby except a couple of churches. The young lady at the front desk was very nice when I checked in. The room's wall decor looked fairly new and the tv was nice, but the desk was pretty beat up. The room had a fridge and microwave. The sink/vanity was clean as was the bathroom, but the carpet along the wall hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The bathroom was very small and very worn. The toilet took forever to flush and didn't have much "power" so even when I threw a tissue in there I had to flush it twice to get the tissue to flush. The heat worked well and was pretty quiet. The bed was a bit too firm for my taste but my friend didn't have any complaints. We were going to have breakfast there but the waffle mix was already gone by the time we got there (9:15ish) and there wasn't much else left.

The biggest complaint I had was the lack of usable electrical outlets. Every time I attempted to plug my phone charger in it would just fall out. We ended up having to unplug the hair dryer and clock in order to get outlets that were actually usable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was well satisfied with the room and the furnshings that were in it, and it was quite which made for a good nights sleep and for for the morning they even fixed my waffel for me , they are very freindly and I would stay there next time or any time I am in the area maurice d. lockhart

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

With the rack rates of other Choice Hotel properties in Zanesville being higher than I like to pay and after reading the reviews of this property, I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed.The rooms were clean, comfy and acceptable. I could tell the Patel's care about the comfort of their guests. The location isn't the best but it does have easy access right off I70 and has a bar on the property. Keep up the good work, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business