“Sad, scary and fading fast” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Zanesville

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Zanesville
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Wentzville, Missouri
“Sad, scary and fading fast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We had stayed at this hotel several years ago, and while it was older, it was reasonably well kept then. Not anymore. The room was relatively clean, however the appearance and some amenities were sorely in need of upgrades. Hot water took forever, then was hard to keep regulated in the shower and sink. Heater had one setting that seemed to work, no matter which one you put it on. Alarm on the clock did not work, and the wake up call requested on our second night never happened. TV reception was horrible and while HBO was advertised, they didn't have it. Phone was incredibly static-y and impossible to hear on.

The manager, and signs on the doors, claimed that they were remodeling, but I think it's too late. Take my advice, spend the extra $10 a night, and stay at one of the 3-4 better hotels a few blocks away.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

This motel is located in an urban location in town, there are very few ammenities around for dining and the entire property is in need of a major overhaul. It did the trick for me and my friends, our group had really low expectations thankfully !! Price is low, hence you get what you pay for. (we did try to book at one of the nicer properties located on I-70, but a large convention was in town.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Neil P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Zanesville, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear If You Have No Other Choice
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, Our Hotel is not in an Urban Community. We our located right of I-70 in The Historical Town of Zanesville. Yes our hotel is an Older Hotel but it only goes with the Lovely Old Churches & Rustic Old Buildings. As mentioned above Zanesville is an Historic Town and is known for that. As far Dining Downtown has many downtown & near by restaurants. (Locally Owned & Chains) Our hotel is now under New Management, Staff and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Dennis

Travelers are raving about these Zanesville hotels

Poughkeepsie, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2010

I booked 2 rooms one week before and asked for side-by-side downstairs outside rooms. Dawn the manager emailed me back with rooms 125 and 126 guaranteed. I arrived at the hotel with my friends and discovered that these rooms were not available. She offered me one upstairs room. We declined and walked out in disgust. 2 weeks later, I discover that my credit card account has been charged for two rooms! I called the hotel back and Dawn lied to me again and stated that she had two rooms available for me, which is why I was charged. I said to her that I do not believe a word she has to say. I wonder if they will credit my account? Dawn is dishonest. BTW we found better, less expensive rooms at a Super 8 hotel a couple of exits away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Dear I Think Dawn is a Lying Menace 2010
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, Dawn no longer works at the establishment any more. I would like to apologize for the mishap you had when you wanted to stay here. I am truly sorry for this. I can assure you this is not a management technique. The hotel is now under New Management and Staff. The Property had went to Y Bridge Inn during that time and has now returned back to the Choice Hotels Family. We have been working hard on Renovating all of the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
ny
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2009

We h ad used this motel several times over the last 20 yrs and i must say the last 5yrs it has gone down hill. The comforter was torn in the room and the room was just plain nasty,, Chairs had big wet spots ...curtains did not close tightly...dogs in the other rooms kept barking...we will skip this motel from now on! The computer to check in was not working. they wrote out a hand receipt..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear What A Dump 2009
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, I truly agree with you that a lot had changed in your 20 years of traveling to our hotel. I want to assure that now more has changed for a New & Brighter Future. We have a full new staff, newly renovated furniture also new Management and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. New curtains & Bedding have been ordered and will be in place by this May. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2009

I made the mistake of stopping here on a cross-country trip. the front desk clerk assured me the wifi was working fine; after check-in got to the room to discover the wifi was not working. I should have tried the wifi right in front of the guy I guess.

Then to top it off, they charged me $150 extra which the front desk claims they didn't, but it's on my Discover card bill. So now I'll have to dispute it with the credit-card company since the front desk claims they only charged me the one night (a miserably spent $69.96 at that).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dear Mediocre Place in 2009
I am Dennis the New General Manager here now at the Econo Lodge since mid 2011, I am sorry our internet did work for you and that the staff that was working here over charged your card when you stay at our property in 2009. I want to assure that we have a full new staff and the wifi has been corrected to an certain extent. I will be all over the building with awesome signal & strength by this summer. Our hotel is now under New Management, Staff and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovating the rooms and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility.
Madison, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

We booked this motel on line without actually seeing it. It was an old fashioned drive up motel. What was scary about it was people hung out in the front of the motel all night near the bar. When we told one of the residents where we were staying he laughed and said, "Don't be surprised if you get a knock at the door and offered illicit services." It was a first stay and a last stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Scary Motel Guest
I am Dennis the New General Manager here, I am sorry for your bad stay with us back in 2009. I can honestly say that is not the case any more. The Hotel is under New Management and Ownership. We have been working hard on Renovations and cleaning up the property. I hope you will reconsider in the future to use our facility. I am truly am sorry you had a bad stay with this facility before I started.