“Pub grub”

Olde Falls Inn
Ranked #35 of 111 Restaurants in Zanesville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

An extensive menu serving traditional pub food & old fashioned comfort foods, a long wooden bar serves up the usual bar drinks at good prices

There are newer reviews for Olde Falls Inn

Reviewed May 15, 2014

When you first walk in to this obnoxiously loud bar, there is an awkward moment of "do we seat ourselves or will we be seated?" There is no sign that states what to do, no hostess podium, and no one pays any attention to those standing in the doorway. After standing around for a few minutes without being acknowledged by anyone, my husband and I finally decided to go ahead and sit at the only open table (even though it seated 6 and there were only two of us....we didn't know what else to do as it didn't seem reasonable to wait on a smaller table when one was open, especially with no one else waiting behind us). The table was already set with menus and silverware, adding to the feeling that you were supposed to go ahead and choose a table by yourself. We sat at the table for almost 20 minutes before a frazzled waitress finally took our drink order. We were actually ready to order food but she didn't give us a chance to say so. It took another 10 minutes for her to bring our drinks, and then she again rushed off without asking if we were ready to order. My husband and I kept looking at each other and asking if we should get up and leave, and we kept deciding to give it a couple more minutes as we have never walked out of a restaurant before and felt rude doing so. Finally a different waitress came up to us and asked us to move to a newly vacated and still dirty table as the table we were at was too big for us. That was the last straw and we got up and left (we had only ordered waters luckily). So I can't comment on the food, but the INSANELY loud atmosphere (full of screaming babies, kids running from table to table, and the adults screaming over all the noise to hear each other) plus the horrendous service earned this bar a one star rating from me.

As a side note, there is a chalkboard next to a bulletin board covered with business cards that you are supposedly expected to write your name on to wait to be seated. However, if you don't see anyone else do it, you would never know that this is the intended purpose. It's a very tacky idea in my opinion, but if you're going to do it, at least make it obvious that this is the idea. As we were leaving, we saw the first couple since we had come in do this or we never would have known. Seriously, though, if they would have just served us right away, we could have easily eaten at the big table, paid, and left before anyone else even came in.

Also, this restaurant was rated as one of the dirtiest in the area by local health inspections earlier this year.

3  Thank razzledazzle12
Reviewed May 10, 2014

We went on a weekend night to have dinner. The place was very busy. We had our name on the board and stood waiting by a awful slamming door. It was my husband, myself and our boys who are 10 & 12 . Two young girls came in and got seated in a booth right and had their drinks within minutes, while we stood there. We decided to leave then the server came over to tell us the table was about ready. First of all we prefer a booth over a table if we had been asked. We left anyway. Not sure if or when we may go back.

5  Thank Buckeye14
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This local establishment is a little off the beaten path but if you are in north Zanesville or camping at Dillon State Park, you are only a few minutes away from the best wings around. While the normal menu has a very nice variety they also feature daily specials. There is a reason their large parking lot is full on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It's a nice place to catch up and have a chat with friends without too much bother by the staff. I sometimes visit it when I go back to my hometown and meet friends here. It's better for me visiting now that you're not able to smoke indoors anymore, and this has greatly improved it.