“Great ice cream cake roll”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tom's Ice Cream Bowl
Ranked #2 of 4 Shopping in Zanesville
Roseville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ice cream cake roll”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We have been going here since I was a kid. Love it. Takes u back in time. Love the ice cream cake roll!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Katie S

Zanesville, Ohio
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Not a big fan”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

It has the small town atmosphere and the usual soda pop food but I think the Ice cream in my opinion is over rated, it's grainy. I know this won't go over real well but I'm just giving my view. They must be doing something right because they have been here a way long time but as for me I'll be getting my Ice cream from Velvet or the Dairy Queen.

Visited May 2013
4 Thank Judy W
Zanesville,OH
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“A step back in time.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This ice cream shop has won awards as one of the best in America. Folks traveling through Zanesville from other states will often make a stop here. When you walk in it is like you have found the set of "Happy Days" The food is decent and the ice cream and candy are sinfully good.

Visited August 2013
Zanesville, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nostalgia, But Nothing Special”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place looks like the 1950's. The ice-cream is made from a mix. Nothing special.
The soup tasted like canned soup.
The restroom leaves a lot to be desired - such as cleanliness!

Visited August 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Quaint Atmosphere, Average food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Our original plan was to visit Velvet Ice Cream but instead opted to try Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl in Zanesville. The atmosphere is amusing and similar to diners back in the 50’s. The diner was crowded on a Saturday afternoon and all tables were full to capacity. To receive and experience the full 50’s effect, we chose to sit at the soda fountain bar table. The bar stool was extremely wobbly and uncomfortable to balance so as not to fall off. The paper hats worn by male employees were a nice touch to bring into play the 50’s feel. Unfortunately the female employees were simply dressed in all white. It would be much more entertaining to have all employees participate in the 50’s vibe. To add a little more nostalgia, the addition of vintage soda fountain glasses, retro napkin holders, and collectible signs from 50’s diners would also add some missing ambiance to the room. The food was average in taste and price but nothing fantastic. I had a burger and onion rings and my friend had fried bologna and fries. Food portion was also average. We noticed that the ice cream bowls that patrons ordered were ENORMOUS! We knew we couldn’t eat that large of portion of ice cream after our meal so we each opted for one scoop on a cone. One scoop at Tom’s equaled to about two scoops compared to other ice cream parlors. I ordered the toffee chip and was not impressed. Rather than informing me that the ice cream was soft and suggesting I order something else, I was provided a spoon and bowl with my cone. The firmness and texture was similar to a Frosty from Wendy’s rather than ice cream for a cone. The waitress apologized for the ice cream being soft but still applied it to our bill. My friend ordered orange pineapple ice cream that was refreshing but overall, not fantastic ice cream. We were expecting a homemade ice cream taste unlike ice cream purchased from a grocery store but were disappointed. If you are looking for a quaint diner, go to Tom’s Ice Cream Bowl. If you are looking for great food and ice cream, keep searching.

Visited July 2013