“Exceptional employees and luxiourious beds”

BEST WESTERN B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Allentown
“Exceptional employees and luxiourious beds”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

From what I heard, Best Westerns aren't usually that good, well this hotel changed my opinion. This hotel has an awesome atmosphere. It started at the receptionist desk till the time we checked out. We didn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a room, and we need a place to stay "semi" close to Kennywood amusement park. We traveled and happened to srubble apon this hotel. Anyway, all of the people in my party loved the bed. We wanted to wake up for the breakfast which had make your own waffle, but we didn't want to get out of bed. The thing that caught our mind was the fact that the hotel had an indoor pool and to top that off, it had a hot tub. The pool was 5 feet deep which was fine. All of us really wanted to swim and relax. So if ur are in Zanesville, Ohio, I highly suggest that a person checks-in to this hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I have stayed here many times in the past ( two years ago) I arrived at 2:30 am and ask for late check out and it was not a problem...semi parking beside motel...I stay in motels over 180 days per year and this place was always one of my favorites ...and nothing has changed ..this is one of the cleanest,nicest places I have ever stayed in..the staff and manager (Rosie) give 150% to keep this place running smooth and the guests totally satisfied ...I have stayed in many ,many places that cost a lot more and didnt even come close to trying to satisfy the guests like this place does...this is hands down the best motel I have ever stayed in...comfy beds..well lit rooms...perfect size rooms...spotless..quiet...only way to describe this place is "Simply The Best" ever around the Zanesville area you gotta stay here........

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank teamster175
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Great little hotel just just out side the hustle of Zanesville. It was very quite on the night before Easter. The parking lot is a bit shody, and the pool has seen its better days, but everything was in working order and clean. The rooms are just beautiful with very comforabte beds. We really liked that every room has a microwave and small fridge. The bath tub is tiny, but a great shower with fluffy towels. The sink area is very tiny. The lady that checked us in seem a little rattled. Free microwave popcorn. Free breakfast is just so so. All in all a very nice highway side hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
IL
Reviewed July 23, 2008

A very bad thunderstorm passed through right before we checked in. As a result, we had no tv or internet for the entire evening and next morning. That said, the room was adequate, nothing fancy. It is actually located east of Zanesville, so check the exit number carefully. There is almost nothing nearby. We ended up eating dinner at Denny's and though it was fine, it is almost never my choice for dinner. Overall, a decent overnight stop, but there may be better alternatives.

• Liked — Right off the highway
  • Disliked — Nowhere nearby to eat
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Camp Hill, PA
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I made reservations for this hotel via the Best Western website. Yesterday, (7-2-08) I called to confirm our reservations for this weekend and I couldn't get an answer. The first time I called, the phone rang no less than 20 times. No one answered. I called again about and hour later with the same results. The phone rang, and rang, and rang with no answer. I promptly cancelled my reservations for this motel...I mean, if they can't even answer the phone...

I made reservations for the Ramada Inn.

• Liked — It was in an ideal location along our route
  • Disliked — That I couldn't get anyone to answer the phone when I called to confirm our reservation.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank PureBloodMuggle
Ankeny, IA
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I recently took a tour group to the Zanesville area to visit the Longaberger Homestead. We stayed at the Best Western in Zanesville due to the great rate we received. I was a little nervous staying here site unseen, but it turned out great!! When my group of 29 arrived at about 10:00 pm, the room keys were all made up so there was no waiting. (Room list was provided earlier).

The hotel was very clean throughout. The room was immaculate. Of course, they have the polyester bedspreads like most hotels. They were immediately removed from the bed. I wish all hotels would do away with those yucky bedspreads and go the route of the white down comforter that can be washed with the sheets. The bathroom looked as if it were brand new. We were very happy with the room!

Staff is super friendly and courteous. Although I didn't have the continental breakfast, many in my group did take advantage of it. They were pleased.

We had a good experience!

• Liked — Cleanliness of the rooms
  • Disliked — No restaurant or lounge attached
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, TX
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I stayed at the Best Western BR Guest after stopping from a long day of driving and wanted something right off the interstate. My stay was great overall. The rate was reasonable, and it included a continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean, and the parking lot was very well lit, which was a concern of mine since I was travelling alone. They have a small pool/hottub and fitness room, which I used both. The breakfast was simple: bagels, cereal, make ur own waffles, juice, coffee, etc.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice, clean, safe place to spend a couple nights.

• Stayed April 2006