“quite part of town”

Best Western B. R. Guest
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Zanesville
Reviewed April 12, 2009

Great little hotel just just out side the hustle of Zanesville. It was very quite on the night before Easter. The parking lot is a bit shody, and the pool has seen its better days, but everything was in working order and clean. The rooms are just beautiful with very comforabte beds. We really liked that every room has a microwave and small fridge. The bath tub is tiny, but a great shower with fluffy towels. The sink area is very tiny. The lady that checked us in seem a little rattled. Free microwave popcorn. Free breakfast is just so so. All in all a very nice highway side hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western B. R. Guest

Reviewed July 23, 2008

A very bad thunderstorm passed through right before we checked in. As a result, we had no tv or internet for the entire evening and next morning. That said, the room was adequate, nothing fancy. It is actually located east of Zanesville, so check the exit number carefully. There is almost nothing nearby. We ended up eating dinner at Denny's and though it was fine, it is almost never my choice for dinner. Overall, a decent overnight stop, but there may be better alternatives.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 3, 2008

I made reservations for this hotel via the Best Western website. Yesterday, (7-2-08) I called to confirm our reservations for this weekend and I couldn't get an answer. The first time I called, the phone rang no less than 20 times. No one answered. I called again about and hour later with the same results. The phone rang, and rang, and rang with no answer. I promptly cancelled my reservations for this motel...I mean, if they can't even answer the phone...

I made reservations for the Ramada Inn.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank PureBloodMuggle
Reviewed September 18, 2007

I recently took a tour group to the Zanesville area to visit the Longaberger Homestead. We stayed at the Best Western in Zanesville due to the great rate we received. I was a little nervous staying here site unseen, but it turned out great!! When my group of 29 arrived at about 10:00 pm, the room keys were all made up so there was no waiting. (Room list was provided earlier).

The hotel was very clean throughout. The room was immaculate. Of course, they have the polyester bedspreads like most hotels. They were immediately removed from the bed. I wish all hotels would do away with those yucky bedspreads and go the route of the white down comforter that can be washed with the sheets. The bathroom looked as if it were brand new. We were very happy with the room!

Staff is super friendly and courteous. Although I didn't have the continental breakfast, many in my group did take advantage of it. They were pleased.

We had a good experience!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 11, 2006

I stayed at the Best Western BR Guest after stopping from a long day of driving and wanted something right off the interstate. My stay was great overall. The rate was reasonable, and it included a continental breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean, and the parking lot was very well lit, which was a concern of mine since I was travelling alone. They have a small pool/hottub and fitness room, which I used both. The breakfast was simple: bagels, cereal, make ur own waffles, juice, coffee, etc.

I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a nice, clean, safe place to spend a couple nights.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank pastrygirl
Reviewed January 5, 2005

The Red Roof Inn in Zanesville Ohio was very pleasing. After a long night of travelling my fiance' and I were welcomed by a friendly staff with a great rate. The staff even went as far as to ask if everything in our room was ok. Every request we had was consistently fulfilled. They supplied extra towels and toiletries in the rooms. Rooms were very spacious with nice desk area. One nice touch was a poem they left asking if their guests needed any types of different pillows, that they would be happy to oblige. The Red Roof has a pool, jacuzzi, ample parking, allows pets, has spacious rooms, comfortable beds, extra toiletries, friendly staff, at a great rate. A comfortable hotel for travelers.

• Stayed: January 2005
4  Thank kthnc
Reviewed August 13, 2003

I highly recommend the Zanesville, OH Red Roof Inn. It's a newer property, very convenient to I-70, and has several nearby restaurants. Lobby is very inviting, rooms are clean and large. There is also an indoor pool/jacuzzi open from 6 AM-12 AM.

8  Thank clvier1